• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok...Who has the IVB with a starting bid of $2k?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I know inflation is rampant, but somebody's got a IVB listed on eBay with a starting bid of $2k.

Judging by its appearance, it seems to have come over on the Mayflower.

I won't publish the link, but you can see for yourself.

If you do happen to take a look at it, be sure to put it on your watch list and we'll drive the seller plumb crazy thinking they have a very interested audience.

I miss the good old days when you could pick up a very nice GS15 Plus for right around $500.

JB

kcollinsdesign

Old member
You can buy a Cricket (or even better, a Silhouette Cameo) for under $300 (Cameo on sale right now for $279.00 and can cut 12" x 10', 15" available). A 28" U.S. Cutter ( a much better choice for sign making) can be had, new, for $329. Any of those things will smoke a 4b (I had two and spent over $10k for each – not counting fonts...).

If the seller is willing to ship it to me, I will take it to my local recycling center and charge them only $70.00.

That said, for a few hundred dollars (and considerable effort) you can wire an interface card (if you can find one anymore) into one of the font slots and use the 4b (with its tangential cutting head) for cutting engineer grade reflective and, especially, sandblast stencil. It really is a high quality machine and is built like a tank!

JimmyG

GACK. . .now there is one more listed for $500 + $339.30 shipping. . . neither one mentions program & font module/cartridges. . . Exciting days way back then on all the programming to cut a 15"x15"+ layout. . .
I gotta say tho, that those Gerber IVB machines would sure do some major runs with cutting sandblast stencil and reflective vinyl. . . ;-)~

John Miller

I bought a VIB with 15" plotter, a 750 plotter and various interface boxes fonts etc. last summer, all for $100. :D I have a client that orders 4K 1,5" disks pretty regularly. The sprocket feed is indispensable.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
don't go making fun of joseph gerber

Absolutely not. They're the mainstay of my monument business.

JB