• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Okay, I think I have a winner here..................................................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not rude, that's survival. Anything goes in a snowfight. Worse than a street fight, cause it's so danged cold.

ikarasu

The thread went off rails, and I realized the simplest way is to just agree to disagree on some things, so why argue about it on the internet :roflmao: But the whole paying taxes / funding schools when you don't have kids dragged me back...

Part of being part of a society is contributing to it....

Whether you have kids or not, it benefits you to have everyone in the country educated. The better The Country does... the better your company / You do. If 25% of people didn't goto school or get educated, they wouldnt make any money... or would make shitty money, and the economy would suck. Crime would go up because people would have less choices... Educating people is in your best interest, whether you have kids or not.

It's the same with gas taxes - Check out what your state is using the money they make from gas taxes on. I bet you a good portion is going towards public transportation like busses.... I never take a bus, should I tell them to shove it and only charge me a portion of the taxes that directly benefit me?

People pay taxes for fire departments, police departments... Most people will never need either of them.

Everyone should pay taxes and contribute to society. Sometimes it sucks, but it sure beats going back to every man for himself.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Not rude, that's survival. Anything goes in a snowfight. Worse than a street fight, cause it's so danged cold.
there's a little guy in the back who thinks it's pretty rude
1707253716399.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know what's really interesting............ all the blood on both of them and not a single drop on the ground/snow. No yellow snow, either. ;-)

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What snow? Looks like sand to me. but your right - there should be puddles of blood there.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That thing about not needing fireman reminded of this.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

On the bright side, I bet the taxes are low there

JBurton

Signtologist
Y'all see

This is dumber than sh*t. Here's a quote:
South Fulton has had the "pay to spray" policy in place for more than 20 years, and the fees -- which often cover police services, too -- are fairly common in rural areas. Without implementing complex tax arrangements to cover cash-strapped city budgets, there are simply few other options.

"If the city starts fighting fires in the homes of people outside the city who don't pay, why would anyone pay?" said Jacqueline Byers with the National Association of Counties.
So, instead of writing up some taxes and billing by address, they want every individual homeowner to pay a subscription type model? So the guy with 5 acres and a guest house pays the same as the guy with 1/4 acre and a trailer? And the fireman have to reference a log of delinquent accounts before doing anything? More to the point, what if someone had died. Would the folks on site not be liable? (I'll reckon they would be, as well as if the fire spread to another paying residence, hence their need to 'stand on the sidelines and watch')

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Y'all see

This is dumber than sh*t. Here's a quote:

So, instead of writing up some taxes and billing by address, they want every individual homeowner to pay a subscription type model? So the guy with 5 acres and a guest house pays the same as the guy with 1/4 acre and a trailer? And the fireman have to reference a log of delinquent accounts before doing anything? More to the point, what if someone had died. Would the folks on site not be liable? (I'll reckon they would be, as well as if the fire spread to another paying residence, hence their need to 'stand on the sidelines and watch')
The thought process probably went something like, I'm not paying that, what are they gonna do? Sit there and watch my house burn down if I don't?
It's not a new problem but it has always been a disaster.