• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Okay, I think I have a winner here..................................................................................

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Don't worry... He came through with dimensions!

I shit you.not, this is what he sent for dimensions. I just stopped replying to him.... So 4 hours later he showed up.... To tell me the windows 66" wide....and he told them we'd install it on Monday.

If you forget what it looks like... Refer to the first photo of the 20 ft wide window that's somehow 66". :roflmao:

I told him in sorry, we don't do artwork anymore, just print stuff. So if he can get the artwork setup and send it over we can print it for him...
I'm starting to really like this guy.

somcalmetim

I did some posters for a friends Roller Derby team...
Apparently even "warriors" has a racist connotation now? so they wanted to change the name/logo as many of their members are very LGBT, friendly and inclusive
Not my prob and sometimes I spend extra time on something because I like the design/idea... so I came up with a great new team name and logo and jersey layout...

They show it to the team and its so good it rips the team apart...lol
The straight women liked it but the LGBT contingent was against it...pretty sure they just didnt like that a dude did the artwork but not exactly sure...apparently the meeting was a real barn burner but even when I gave it to her I said it was first draft and we could change anything they wanted.
The team broke up and never rolled again....still like the concept tho, lol...
1697942260547.png

Apparently even "warriors" has a racist connotation now? so they wanted to change the name/logo as many of their members are very LGBT, friendly and inclusive
Not my prob and sometimes I spend extra time on something because I like the design/idea... so I came up with a great new team name and logo and jersey layout...

The straight women liked it but the LGBT contingent was against it...pretty sure they just didnt like that a dude did the artwork but not exactly sure...apparently the meeting was a real barn burner but even when I gave it to her I said it was first draft and we could change anything they wanted.
View attachment 167661
Sadly, typical.
The current cult world is infuriating and depressing.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"

View attachment 167661
I like it. But I would fall under the straight woman category.

JBurton

Signtologist
I like it. But I would fall under the straight woman category.
I think the big miss here was not making her/it a redhead...
Also I get the covid remark Tim, likely this started the end and as soon as they 'couldn't' practice together they went for greener pastures.

Jeppe.Nielsen

I'll sign up.

I dealt with one recently who first asked for a price quote in mid-September, so over a month ago. Told her normal turnaround time was about one week.
Fast forward to last Friday, I was on my way out the door and saw an email from her pop up. Ignored it until Monday morning. She had sent artwork for the sign and asked if it could be done by Thursday for an event this weekend. I said sorry, no can do. She had a minor hissyfit, saying "I thought you said one week?" So now three days = one week? LOL I didn't even know there was a deadline involved.

If she knew about it a month ago, why not just order it then? Eff 'em.
Although the product is not the same, it still relates pretty well: My grandfather (born 1914) used to say… «the time it takes a customer to make a decision is about double the delivery time»!

Signstein

Got one of my favorites yesterday: customer walks in, looks around a bit, and then asks 'Do you have any signs that say "Caution: Hot Kiln. Please do not touch surface".' Sure! I keep loads of incredibly specific warning signs laying about just in case you ever needed one. Don't you just love it when someone has royally screwed up, realized they didn't order a sign, and then expect you to have on hand the exact sign, with the exact message, at the exact size that they need...

Dantellian

I always get customers asking me to make stuff for small jars and such. (I do a lot of short run vinyl labels for cannabis businesses), by the way i have also heard that these people use cbd seo agency https://cbdseoagency.co/. I'll ask them what size they need it in and either I get a picture of a jar or they just say "small concentrate jars". Very few know the size or take a minute to put a tape measure on the thing to give me a size. Now I've got a collection of a hundred or so different containers from having customer send me one or buying them and lots of screenshots to use for artwork. Also I find a lot of people send me PNG files...which drives me crazy because these are made for the web.
I would also like to see such pictures and maybe place an order

Signarama Jockey

One of the recurring problems that I have is this exchange between my designer and me (which happens once a week, minimum):

Designer: "Have you printed the X job yet?"
Me:"Yes, that's been printed and it is waiting to get laminated"
Designer: "They want to make a change."
Me: "But they approved the proofs."
Designer: "Now they want it to say bla bla bla..."
Me: "...but they approved. the. proofs."

Apparently my designer takes the time to explain that once you approve the proofs, we start production. We charge customers for the work we do when a customer changes their mind after approval, but I don't understand what more we can do to get them to stop approving things that they will want totally changed by tomorrow.

Johnny Best

I can understand why so many people have heart problems related to stress. Most of the comments are everyday occurances when dealing with people. Like measurements, not very many people could even tell you what 8x4 is and you expect them to measure something. Plus procrastinators, they are the worse. I do not get involved with people with problems wanting me to solve it for them. But it seems a lot of you get off on this sort of behavior, and now I have to read about it. Keep it to yourself. Just smile and move on, that is what I'm doing.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Had a customer insist that I was using the wrong corporate approved font for their sign yesterday.
We have made signs for franchises of this company before so i was pretty sure that it was the correct one.
The font she want me to use was the 'topography' font.
When asked if she could send me a link to the 'topography' font she sent me to the corporate branding guidelines.
The correct font we were using was listed under the subheading Topography.
I had to explain what topography means.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I can understand why so many people have heart problems related to stress. Most of the comments are everyday occurances when dealing with people. Like measurements, not very many people could even tell you what 8x4 is and you expect them to measure something. Plus procrastinators, they are the worse. I do not get involved with people with problems wanting me to solve it for them. But it seems a lot of you get off on this sort of behavior, and now I have to read about it. Keep it to yourself. Just smile and move on, that is what I'm doing.
A lady I worked with would tell anyone that was getting worked up over nonsense, with her raspy smokers voice and a shit eating grin on her face - "just let it go... let it go." The guy before that would get aggravated and tell people to control what you can control and walk away. Both we're good lessons.
I don't know why so many people get flustered with abruptly changing directions on a job, that part is what makes work fun. It's a challenge on how to make it work, not an obstacle. Everything going perfect makes for a long boring day.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I was a middle school math teacher in a lower economic school. I fought continuously with my administration and math coaches (yes, we had math coaches) about teaching children math facts. I spent each day with flash cards making students answer a math fact prior to entering my room. I did this because many of my students were illegal and moved around a lot and I wanted to make sure they had a good foundation. The head of the math department for the district told me I was wasting my time because they all had calculators on their phones... She was observing me and telling me I was the problem and I had the highest math scores in the entire department for my school (3 grade levels). But, I had to stop doing the math facts because I was "wasting time".