• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

old d 610 just died after 30 years. need assistance guys

FrankW

As far a as I remember, a horizontal arrow appear. The tip of that arrow needs to be on the right of the asterisk. If not, you can move the asterisk with the arrow keys.

With a display you cant see anything on it its hard to make a diagnose. First try that with the switch.

rjssigns

Too bad the OP isn't closer. I have a D610 that I would sell, but the crating and shipping to VA would cost more than getting something new.

old610

Too bad the OP isn't closer. I have a D610 that I would sell, but the crating and shipping to VA would cost more than getting something new.

As far a as I remember, a horizontal arrow appear. The tip of that arrow needs to be on the right of the asterisk. If not, you can move the asterisk with the arrow keys.

With a display you cant see anything on it its hard to make a diagnose. First try that with the switch.
ok in better light today i was able to see the lcd better.. so the front sensor, the arrow practically went all the way to the right when i tested it.. the rear sensor however barely did anything.. and the second time i tested it it did no reaction at all.. so it's looking like the rear sensor is not sensing.. on a positive note.. after doing the test the first time, i kept the blue switch plugged in and the head did measure the material and cut a small word for a test cut.. and then the sensor messed up again and the machine would not let me advance the media to cut it off.. and tried the sensor the second time as mentioned and the rear failed to reach at all..

regarding the other test you mentioned frank... unplugging the blue switch and feeding media in and lowering the wheels while the machine is off, then turning it on.. that test yielded nothing.. the head did not move to measure media. so idk but today's tests in better light did prove to me the rear sensor is simply not sensing and the one time the machine did work was just a fluke and probably the sensors last leg effort. I sure appreciate the help allowing me to pick your brains.. greatly appreciated!

regarding a new system.. airmark doesn't have any D75 in stock or a stand for it.. not sure how some seller on ebay is selling the same machine 1,000 bucks less than airmark but they are and airmark is sold out of the D75R. none of the sellers have good feedback either, so i dont think that would be a wise route.

but airmark does have a S1D75 for 2,800. looks like it's in stock. I'd really simply love to fix my old 610.. she's been so good to me.. maybe it's just the one rear sensor. that would be nice if i can find one. lol

FrankW

At first, you can switch off the sensors for continue working with the cutter. You then need to take care yourself when you are out of vinyl.

Unplugging the switch was only a test to check if the switch is broken. Because of the sensor is the problem, it was expectable that nothing happens.

old610

At first, you can switch off the sensors for continue working with the cutter. You then need to take care yourself when you are out of vinyl.

Unplugging the switch was only a test to check if the switch is broken. Because of the sensor is the problem, it was expectable that nothing happens.
aah. ok good deal.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Well, you have me beat, my Graphtec is 18 years old. Sometimes the screen doesn't work so I have sharpie on the buttons and it only runs sheets through but I love it! I since have a new one but I still use the Graphtec for certain things.