• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old ink cartriges useable?

midnightmadman

A lot of my old Mutoh cartridges have little puddles of ink in them. For instance I have like 3 yellows that each have that little bit in them. Has anyone ever had a way to pull it out of each of them and add back to a maybe half full one!?
Seems like a waste of ink if they just get thrown out and that little ink is in there... it adds up over time!

genericname

It's a gamble. I know people have used a syringe to pull ink from near empty carts, and injected the remainder into newish ones, but if they're too old, you run the risk of introducing a clot into your system. Then your frugality won't matter; you'll have a head to replace.

J Hill Designs

...and the chips will read empty regardless...so you will end up having more and more leftover ink in the carts as time goes by...

and yes, IMO 50cents of ink is not worth the hassle

elsignshop

just take the $.50 of ink left in the cartridges to staples and get some store credit. you can take up to 10 a month and get like $50 dollars of store credit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We general siphon our ink out, put it into plastic baggies and sell it to the local bakery and they use it for dying their icing for cakes, cupcakes and stuff. Never seems to be any color shifting, but there is some puddling around the bases of larger cakes due to the gravitational pull of the sea tides. This causes some bubbling effects, but usually goes away after sitting in the sun a few days or extra post heating with a blow torch.

midnightmadman

...and the chips will read empty regardless...so you will end up having more and more leftover ink in the carts as time goes by...

and yes, IMO 50cents of ink is not worth the hassle

Mine don't have chips.. They have those plastic things that stick out of the side. These are Falcon cartridges im speaking of.

HulkSmash

Mine don't have chips.. They have those plastic things that stick out of the side. These are Falcon cartridges im speaking of.

Pretty sure they have chips, you just don't know it. That's how your printer tells if it's full or empty........

saving 2 tablespoons of ink wont help you. Throw it away.

djeeke

just take the $.50 of ink left in the cartridges to staples and get some store credit. you can take up to 10 a month and get like $50 dollars of store credit.
:cool1: Can we do some business ? I'll sell you 10* $.50 and get like $50 :thankyou:
kidding, I did get the message, it's not worth it...

+1 on
It's a gamble. You run the risk of introducing a clot into your system. Then your frugality won't matter; you'll have a head to replace.
and +1 on
saving 2 tablespoons of ink wont help you. Throw it away.
You might be wasting more time than the drops of ink are worth... :rolleyes: