• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old OCE Arizona 550GT - Any Good?

BigIan

First time poster here...
We currently run Roland VP540 and SP540 for general banners, signs, pull ups, pop ups, vinyl, magnets etc.
May have opportunity to get an old OCE Arizona 550GT for next to nothing but no point if no good! Any comments / observations on the model gladly received.
TIA

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
the 550 series are very old, and very early tech. I believe there's also quite a few NLA parts on those too.
Due to the age, there's going to be a lot of fragile ink lines and components too.

If it's dirt cheap, then why not.
Hopefully low SQM too.

netsol

the 550 series are very old, and very early tech. I believe there's also quite a few NLA parts on those too.
Due to the age, there's going to be a lot of fragile ink lines and components too.

If it's dirt cheap, then why not.
Hopefully low SQM too.
but aren't there 3rd party sources, for parts, like buying from jimmy the plotter dr. for your gerber stuff

we have an OCE colorwave & they are not great (they treat you like they caught you shoplifting, since you didn't acquire your machine through an authorized dealer)
still, if i had the opportunity to acquire one of those, i think i would do it in a minute

netsol

unless it is a complete disaster, you can PROBABLY find a vendor to put it under contract (i would buy it, as is, but you should reach out for vendors first, it is a funny industry)

karst41

Do Not buy Old Printers One' Seiko, HP you name it.
The Old Printer is for sale because the Maintenance Cost.

It will Bleed you dry.
I have done the math. I know all of your reasons for wanting to buy a used printer.

No matter what, it will be a losing situation even on its best day.
It will consume every penny of your Profit. Without exception.
Every swinging Richard on this forum who has been down this road knows this too.

New HP Latex printers are cheap, and a new printer is going to make you a great profit your first 3 years
Due to low maintenance cost. Ink cartridges and disposable wiper station and the Print heads for
HP Latex are NOT maintenance items. these are Consumables, and that calculates into your
price per sq' to the customer.

A HP Latex printhead is $135. The Latex has a menu and function to change out print heads and
is self aligning. Friking thing of beauty.

A Minolta Konica ph is $1400 plus $700 for the tech to install it and align and etc.

That alone simply destroys any and all reasons and arguments you have for buying used.

Call Athens Paper and Grimco.
New Printers can pay for itself in the first month or the first year.

netsol

point taken - many thanks
Do Not buy Old Printers One' Seiko, HP you name it.
The Old Printer is for sale because the Maintenance Cost.

It will Bleed you dry.
I have done the math. I know all of your reasons for wanting to buy a used printer.

No matter what, it will be a losing situation even on its best day.
It will consume every penny of your Profit. Without exception.
Every swinging Richard on this forum who has been down this road knows this too.

New HP Latex printers are cheap, and a new printer is going to make you a great profit your first 3 years
Due to low maintenance cost. Ink cartridges and disposable wiper station and the Print heads for
HP Latex are NOT maintenance items. these are Consumables, and that calculates into your
price per sq' to the customer.

A HP Latex printhead is $135. The Latex has a menu and function to change out print heads and
is self aligning. Friking thing of beauty.

A Minolta Konica ph is $1400 plus $700 for the tech to install it and align and etc.

That alone simply destroys any and all reasons and arguments you have for buying used.

Call Athens Paper and Grimco.
New Printers can pay for itself in the first month or the first year.
you know what they say about opinions...