• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old Switcheroo #2

jfiscus

Rap Master
Similar to the issues discussed in the thread "the old switcheroo" so I stole the thread title...

Our last couple boxes of the "double H" step-stakes for signs have been made with an inferior grade of metal than we are used to seeing. The stakes bend over with mild winds & the signs stay there laying on the ground... and this made for some unhappy customers.

Most of the yard signs we make are for golf outings so even if the stakes are inferior it wouldn't matte rmuch, but I have a couple customers who use them for advertising locally & they came in last week with issues with their newest batch of signs. They normally purchase 10-20 signs twice a year, and said that these are noticeably different strength stakes versus the last ones I sold them that they placed in the same locations. I replaced their stakes with some heavy-duty stakes that I had here, but was not happy that the customer thought I was trying to sell him an inferior quality step-stake.

I called my supplier who said, "they're the same exact brand/model as last time you ordered". I told him my problems & he said he has not received any other complaints. I assume that wherever they're made overseas they're using a lower grade of material to construct them with to save money, but not telling anyone.

I have since switched to the "spider stakes".
Anyone else had trouble with these recently?

hatmanok

I have used the spider stake and have trouble with them breaking. The tip isn't strong enough to withstand wind.

Craig Sjoquist

Don't why it makes much difference here I see those ( snipe ) signs as our local dictators call them.

Remove as soon as out on any road I travel.

They are removed by the city / county as soon as they travel any road.

They are finally set up a ROBO CALLs on them, instead of wasting our dollars on court they using it to make calls till they stop spreading the garbage on roads.

I do like use of signs & advertising but those are a hazard and junk up already ghetto areas.

Techman

he said he has not received any other complaints.

I hate that line..

As if your complaint is not valid because no one else complained. I got the same thing when I complained about that magic shrinking vinyl a few years ago. It was either a lie or I was the first to say something. In either case turned out to be true as we all soon found out.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I have since switched to the "spider stakes".
Anyone else had trouble with these recently?

i just switched and the first job i used them on, out of 10 stakes three broke.

granted the gound is extremely hard with the summer being as hot as it is, but hard to tell the customer, sorry water your lawn first.....