• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old vs. New

ProWraps

yeah im with you. already in the works. the content was just dumped and hasnt been gone through. the structure was as far as i got. i will be commiting to only one shot per vehicle. just have to go back through all the mem sticks and get them pulled out. there are actually over 20 vehicles that arent in there. thats all tomorrows job. thanks for the compliments.

Joe Diaz

New looks nice. Yeah, it would be cool if they could just look at one angle of the job, and then decide if they want to see more photos of that same job. But I like it, and nice work!

PW i am trying to put into words what i am about to say in the way that it is meant CONSTRUCTIVELY not as a put down because that is not my intent by any means.

it is really easy to overwhelm our potential audience with too much information. i think it is important to realize that what you are showing is your portfolio and should showcase your best work not all of your work. there are many photos of projects that are work that is well done but they aren't portfolio pieces and obviously not every project any of us do on a daily basis is going to be a portfolio piece.

i think it is important to pick out the true portfolio pieces that really show the best work you have done versus just showing a sampling of all the work you have done...does that make sense? otherwise the client will just tune out and there is a good chance that they will miss the pieces that truly are portfolio quality (and you have many of those).

my feeling is that you are trying to show that you guys do a lot of work and to me that really doesnt matter to the client what is going to catch their attention is photos of work that are above and beyond what your competition is showcasing.

weaselboogie

my feeling is that you are trying to show that you guys do a lot of work and to me that really doesnt matter to the client what is going to catch their attention is photos of work that are above and beyond what your competition is showcasing.

Good point. I also think that you're showing too many pics of the same vehicle. Pick out the two best shots of each vehicle and use those. A nice 3/4 shot and a head on or profile.
I'm redoing my site right now too and I've been at this long enough that some of my previous sign work isn't making the cut this time around. I'd rather show 10 portfolio pieces than 40 average.
The internet has given everyone ADD, so try and show what you want everyone to see in a matter of seconds.

speedmedia

New for sure and agree with the guys above. You do great work, but no need to show it in a hundred different angles.

I do have to say I sometimes hate these flash type galleries deals but they are just so easy to work with you almost have to use them.

Thanks,
Kurt

threads1

Super work...*NEW*....Also, I would still put in a couple of the less sensational jobs so people on a limited budget won't think your just doing top shelf work and pricing. Just my 2 cents

ProWraps

well, took everyones advice. got rid of a TON of pictures. wanted to keep it to one a vehicle, but i decided to use pretty much two (opposing angles). it flows much better and i think it keeps attention better as well. we had some junk pics in there thats for sure. thanks again all.