• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Omega 4.0 plotter issue

OhioSignguy9194

Had to get a new computer to run Omega 4,0, had to install a PCIe card to get Serial ports for plotter cable. Driver for card is installed plotter is a IVb with the LMK module and the Gerber cable running to computer. This set up was running previously on a win7 system but that system had a "on board" serial port on the motheerboard where as this systen I had to purchase a (StarTech PEX2S952) PCIe card,first tried using a Trendnet usb to serial adapter but got communication error. Using the card I'm at least showing that the plotter is active but will not plot. The card has the option to set the card so the 1 pin gets power, does anybody know if power is required in this port in order for the plotter to plot. Gerber no longer offers Tech support for Omega 4.0. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
If running win 10 you need the gerber usb conversion cable and delete the win drivers and install the gerber one . ( instructions on gerber and spandex site) if still using win 7 under install printer /cutter in composer keep selecting different ports until it responds . You don’t have to print the job just check to see if it got to pltmgr . I installed a generic serial / parallel card and had no problems using win 7 but with 10 I had to do the usb conversion cable and redo the drivers .