• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Omega 5.0 Issue

K Schutt

I'm trying to re-install Omega on one of our work stations and I keep getting the "blue screen of death" right after I hit install. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

WildWestDesigns

Typically a BSOD is usually a hardware or driver issue. What version of Windows are you running? From Win 7 and previous, there would be a "dump" that would give info on the actual BSOD itself. Win 8 and 10, not so much.

You could go into the Action Center to see what's logged there as well.

It's possible that there is malware as well causing it (yet another reason why I would say production rigs shouldn't be connected to a WAN, not saying yours is, but I don't know one way or the other, so it's possible and thus I mentioned it).

Sometimes a fresh install of Win helps as well. This is more of the "nuclear" option. The quickest/easiest to try would be a system restore and see what it does (if you have backups of your system).

Without knowing what caused the BSOD, it's hard to say how to get around it.

Last edited:

K Schutt

Typically a BSOD is usually a hardware or driver issue. What version of Windows are you running? From Win 7 and previous, there would be a "dump" that would give info on the actual BSOD itself. Win 8 and 10, not so much.

You could go into the Action Center to see what's logged there as well.

It's possible that there is malware as well causing it (yet another reason why I would say production rigs shouldn't be connected to a WAN, not saying yours is, but I don't know one way or the other, so it's possible and thus I mentioned it).

Sometimes a fresh install of Win helps as well. This is more of the "nuclear" option. The quickest/easiest to try would be a system restore and see what it does (if you have backups of your system).

Without knowing what caused the BSOD, it's hard to say how to get around it.

It is running Win 7 Pro and here is a photo of the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_4090.JPG
    IMG_4090.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 128

WildWestDesigns

If I'm not mistaken, that stop error is a memory leak. Could be a driver issue.

Restart in Safe Mode and see if it crashes, if it doesn't, it could be a software issue. If it BSODs in Safe Mode, got a hardware issue (whenever I got BSODs, it turned out to be ram sticks).

Check for virsus/malware if this computer sees the outside world and then check your drivers, make sure that they are up to date (and like it or not) make sure your Win 7 is up to date as well. Typically updated drivers go hand in hand with an updated OS.

K Schutt

Restart in Safe Mode and see if it crashes, if it doesn't, it could be a software issue. If it BSODs in Safe Mode, got a hardware issue (whenever I got BSODs, it turned out to be ram sticks).

Check for virsus/malware if this computer sees the outside world and then check your drivers, make sure that they are up to date (and like it or not) make sure your Win 7 is up to date as well. Typically updated drivers go hand in hand with an updated OS.

Great thanks for the advice I will give it a whirl.

jimdtg

Start Windows as regular, try to uninstall Safenet Hardware Key driver from Add/Remove programs. Reboot your PC and try to install Omega to see how it does.