• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question omega 7

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
anyone upgrade to gerber omega 7 ? is it worth the $350.. (6.5-> 7 price)
leading edge or bleeding edge ....... inquiring minds want to know

Joe House

I've got it, but haven't had a chance to explore it much. The install was fairly uneventful, though the thumb drive (yes this update comes on a thumb drive) did mess with my mouse action while it was inserted.
I'm interested in real life as well.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
I've got it, but haven't had a chance to explore it much. The install was fairly uneventful, though the thumb drive (yes this update comes on a thumb drive) did mess with my mouse action while it was inserted.
I'm interested in real life as well.

yes, isn't that funny, joe?
i suppose a dvd drive is an anachronism now.
the vast majority of laptops, notebooks, chromebooks are sold without a dvd drive

Jburns

Chris 19 - do you have software, that has the actual dongle? If you are saying dongle "emulator".....

Jburns

If I or someone decides to purchase this software, can they call Gerber with your serial number, and upgrade to version 7?

Attila Nagy

You Guys missed the original topic. I use 2.61 on Windows10 32bit system for my Gerber Edge2 and EnVision Cutter.. The only 2 tings I miss there is the 64bit compatibility. and the automatic contour cut registratin.
As a User v6 or v7 I wold not even care what the differeces are. As a support engineer I need to learn v7. I would use 6.5 until Gerber supports it. Sooner or later you will be forced to upgrade, but that time you could have v11.or v12.

Last edited:

netsol

Premium Subscriber
I have it installed and i have the links .

Chris,
i am curious, how does that work?
i have never used one of those
if i run the software on a vcenter with high availability, it would be almost impossible to crash and lose it, but what happens to regular people?
have you had the experience, after hard drive failure of restoring? do you need intervention from gerber, to reauthenticate? are they helpful?
do you need to submit "afidavit of destruction"? (i have had that experience with autodesk, for example with a few of our clients)
i don't mean to be a pain in the ass, just curious if this is an improvement to the process, or just a complication

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Chris,
i am curious, how does that work?
i have never used one of those
if i run the software on a vcenter with high availability, it would be almost impossible to crash and lose it, but what happens to regular people?
have you had the experience, after hard drive failure of restoring? do you need intervention from gerber, to reauthenticate? are they helpful?
do you need to submit "afidavit of destruction"? (i have had that experience with autodesk, for example with a few of our clients)
i don't mean to be a pain in the ***, just curious if this is an improvement to the process, or just a complication
I find it rather funny that it has to be explained to a tech guy like you but anyways...
This solution has nothing to do with Gerber the company. They have taken the software and some hacker has cracked it. You install the software, you install the crack. That's it.
Now they are selling it so you don't have to pay Gerber. You contact Gerber, they tell you it's illegal and stop using it and so you will have no support from Gerber.
You lose it or want a new version, purchase it again.