• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega & FC7000 Cutting Problem

Chackworth

Help! For the past few months, my Graphtec FC7000 has started cutting about 3 letters of a design from my Omega Software, then cutting the weed border and that's it! The rest of the letters are not cut at all, and it wastes my vinyl. Often I can tell it to cut again, and it will cut the complete design and then the weed border (as it should). I contacted Graphtec and they say it's a software problem and not the plotter. I have also removed the weed border and still get the same problem. This does not happen every time I plot a design. You never know when it will act up. Any help out there?

Tony Teveris

From GspPlot create a spool file (under the File menu). Then from GQMgr open and cut from the spool file. Try multiple times, does it do the same thing every time? Have you made any changes to the cutter's setting via it's front panel? I'll ask around and report back.

Chackworth

Thank you I am getting very aggravated. I have to do a sign soon that will be 16' long and I don't want it wasting my material. I have not intentionally changed plotter settings, as I am afraid of the machine and have learned what I know on my own. No training. I will try your suggestion in the a.m. Thanks again!

Tony Teveris

Does the cutter display any errors or messages?

After making the spool file you can use SpoolView to display the cut data, is it all there in the spool file?

When the cutter cuts does it go through the motion of cutting the missing characters but just does not cut them (knife not plunging deep enough). Try slowing the cutting speed.

Chackworth

There is no error message on the cutter.

The cutter does not go thru the motions of cutting the remaining characters.

I will try the spooler file in just a bit. My cutter is on my property in another building and I do not have internet on that machine.

I DO APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT and any help that you can suggest. THANK YOU!!

Chackworth

Tony, it cuts great using the spool file. Nary an error! Any clues as to why the GSPlot is messed up? THANKS again!