• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

On a scale of 1 to 10

Scotchbrite

No comment
I had an interesting conversation with the lady cutting my hair the other day. I must have mentioned something about overhearing the other conversations in the place and she said she had learned to tune out those other conversations because she thought it seemed like eavesdropping. She said the downside is that now she often doesn't hear stuff her boyfriend says at home because she's kinda tuned out by default. I had never thought about something like that happening, but it kinda makes sense.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
1661384613593.png

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a friend that does all the talking. A simple story that 99% of the population would tell turns into a 30 minute story.

Example Conversation Me: I heard this week Joe sold the hardware store to Bill. He is opening back up August 30.

Her: I heard that from Sally, Sally and I used to go to school together. Do you know where that brick house is on 3rd Street? Back in 1983, her Dad bought the house and we used to go over there and play Monopoly. They had the most beautiful green shag carpet. I remember one day, it was December 3rd, I only remember because the day before day, my mom was in the hospital for her foot. Anyway, on December 3rd we played Monopoly and Sally got mad and through the little horse and it broke her moms vase. That vase was bought at the hardware store and I know that because back in July I remember going to the hardware store with my Dad and Sally's mom was there buying the vase. It was the day before the 4th, and I remember that because Dad bought fire works. The year was 1986 it was the only year that Uncle Charlie ever spent with us at the cottage for the 4th of July. It rained all night that night, Dad was afraid he wouldn't be able to light the fireworks off.

That is a very short story and 100% made up but you get my point. It's EXTREMELY difficult to be a good listener with her. My BF and boys run for the hills if they see her stop over LOL

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I have a friend that does all the talking. A simple story that 99% of the population would tell turns into a 30 minute story.

Example Conversation Me: I heard this week Joe sold the hardware store to Bill. He is opening back up August 30.

Her: I heard that from Sally, Sally and I used to go to school together. Do you know where that brick house is on 3rd Street? Back in 1983, her Dad bought the house and we used to go over there and play Monopoly. They had the most beautiful green shag carpet. I remember one day, it was December 3rd, I only remember because the day before day, my mom was in the hospital for her foot. Anyway, on December 3rd we played Monopoly and Sally got mad and through the little horse and it broke her moms vase. That vase was bought at the hardware store and I know that because back in July I remember going to the hardware store with my Dad and Sally's mom was there buying the vase. It was the day before the 4th, and I remember that because Dad bought fire works. The year was 1986 it was the only year that Uncle Charlie ever spent with us at the cottage for the 4th of July. It rained all night that night, Dad was afraid he wouldn't be able to light the fireworks off.

That is a very short story and 100% made up but you get my point. It's EXTREMELY difficult to be a good listener with her. My BF and boys run for the hills if they see her stop over LOL
What's my mom doing there?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The mailman, the milkman, the fuller brush salesman, the avon lady, the jehovah witness group, the census guy.........................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of seagulls..... if ya've been listening, have ya ever seen them picking eyes and skin apart on a person ?? Terrible. Reminds me of hitchcock. :sleepin:

garyroy

Thanks for the offer Robert.
Years ago, before TV, everyone only had a radio in the living room.
People just listened, their hearing skills were probably better.
It's distractions that prevent good listening.
I'd give myself a 5 on a scale of 1 thru 10.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I was a kid, we didn't have any television, but I had a 45 record player and could play stuff and listen to that. I learned a lot listening to those things. I also had a pez dispenser, but without a fancy head on it.

1661438589209.png

Johnny Best

I want to Listen, I really do, but no one will talk to me. (a slight turn of the head to the left) Will you talk to me while I take off my sweater and put on my blue sneakers, Oh here comes Speedy Delivery, he will talk to me about the srooms he takes before work.

Johnny Best

Thats how I raised my kids with TV shows like that, to be on the lookout for preverts.
Then the rest of the time watching MTV, BoyGeorge and the Flying Seagulls.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I thought he meant "Flock of Seagulls" ... they had really wacked out hair and took the pompadour to a whole new level.

edit - I was typing this when Notareal was posting that.