• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One Shot Clear VS Edge Sealing Tape

Samson

I heard Sign Painters 1Shot is the stuff, wondered if anyone has heard about, or used it....I also heard that other similar products can yellow in short order.

Jillbeans

I don't do wraps, so I am not sure how you would be using the 1S.
But I am a sign painter, and I use 1S super gloss tinting clear when I can get it.
It has never yellowed on me but it does have a very slight yellowish tone in the can.
I use it for varnish shades (where you add a drop of color to it for a transparent natural drop shadow)
I think you may be referring to the UV clear in the white can.
http://www.1shot.com/home.html
(click on the products link, there is a clear coat option)
That is a different makeup than the tinting clear and dries much faster.
There is a matte and a gloss version in the aerosol, both which crinkle when sprayed over regular 1S lettering enamel.
The kind in the can seems OK but often has a sticky feel even when dry.
I have never seen it turn yellow either.
I am not a Frog Juice fan. I believe that is what is inside a Seal-It pen, though.
Love....Jill

AUTO-FX

it crinkles because it isnt a long oil alkylid like the rest of the one shot products. it is very similar to frog juice.

Jillbeans

All I know is that I totally ruined a panel I had taken about 4 days to paint when I had my son spray it for me.
:)
But that had nothing to do with wrapping.
I can wrap some nice presents at Christmas though.