• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

online video capture programme

can anyone recommend a video capture programme so i can record video from youtube.

i couple of times now i have saved some really good photoshop tutorials or great printer/lam tech tips only to go back again and they are gone!.....

i did google this question and i saw afew that were free, but the ones a looked out were either not very good or i just couldn't work out how to use it!!...lol

i just want a simple thing where i can record youtube vids and save them onto my pc and then be able to open them up in a video player.

Mike F

jDownloader. Not a capture program, but you can copy a youtube url to the clipboard and it rips it straight from the site. For youtube it gives you a list of all the different qualities as well as an mp3 of the audio, and it also works for a bunch of other different video sites. Also good for downloading a lot of files from places like rapidshare, megaupload, etc., you can just copy a list of urls to the clipboard and it parses them all and will automatically download them. Only downside is you still have to enter a captcha for some sites, but at least you don't have to "Wat 30 seconds" or whatever before you click the link. Really good program to have if you download a lot or rip a lot of online videos, and you don't lose any quality from ripping from the stream.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
You don't need those recorders.

If you have Firefox, get the VideoDownloadHelper Add-on. Its brilliant.

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

All vids will download in their native quality (no resampling is done in the capture) -- then use VLC to play them -- which also brilliantly plays any vid format.

choucove

I as well use VideoDownloadHelper Add-on for Mozilla, haven't come across any problems at all and the quality is great. It's not really a video capture program as much as it just recognizes the streaming feed file and downloads it to a file wherever you wish to save it on your computer for later viewing.

Plum House

+1 for the Firefox add-on, I too use Downloadhelper. It will also convert the videos in a format that you can use if it's not already.

phototec

Only bad thing about Freecorder, it automatically saves any and all videos that you watch on your PC to a temp folder. So I have to clean it out on occasions.

What's nice is, every Roland webcast, Graphtec video, or YouTube video I watch on my PC, is automatically saved in the temp folder, I don't have to tell the application to record. After it saves the video, I use the converter to change the video to wmv format, however there are several different format options available.

I use it to record music videos from YouTube, the use the converter to change them to MP3's so I can listen to just the music.

I think it's a great all around FREE application.

:thumb:

Techman

Sothink is also a firefox plugin.
Captures any video playing from any site. But only if you want it captured.

Pierja

Any Video Converter...Copy the youtube url and it will the save video in a file type of your choice. The free version only records files under I think 5min

JoshLoring

On this subject, who knows what's good for screen capture/VoiceOver tutorial making???!!
I need something to make photoshop and illy tutorials with.

phototec

On this subject, who knows what's good for screen capture/VoiceOver tutorial making???!!
I need something to make photoshop and illy tutorials with.

I believe what you want to do, is very different from the OP's request.

Maybe start a new thread, and get more information on tutorial making?

:omg:

cherryll

A practical program will help you record streaming videos from most websites except of just record youtube video. My favorite tool is Video Download Capture, it can download multiple videos at same time. And you can use it to convert videos files to your desired format after downloading. I think it will be a helper to save videos and for your further PS study.