• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Only black is printing after printhead-replacement.

muelli75

Hi!

Im completly new to LFP, and so there is my first problem.

I got an used JV33-260 which was plug off from the circuit for a while. Some tries to get the printhead working failed - no color was printing. So i bought a new printhead and replaced it by myself.

So far, so good.

But now, only the black is printing. I have done a few "Fill up Ink", but nothing changes. The ink-lines are showing some bubbles - is this disturbing?

How can I specifically activate a ink-pump? Searching in the servicemenue wasnt sucessful.

Thanks for your hints!

Martin

MikePro

use a syringe and draw on the ink line from below the pump, at about 1cc/sec.
otherwise, you can always disconnect all the ink lines from the pump except the ones you want to fillupink... less mess

muelli75

Thank you - your reply is a helpful! Will try this in the afternoon.

After a short sleep, I think that maybe the flatcables form the board to the printhead are broken - do you think this is possible?

Best regards,

Martin

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That is very possible and is actually a somewhat common problem with the head cable on these as well as the main FFC cable bundle from the slider board to the main board. The ends get bent too tight and creased which causes them to break.

Do NOT attempt to draw ink with a syringe on these without FIRST opening the cartridge valves. These are not like the older JV3 machines, the JV33 machines have solenoid controlled valves behind the cartridges which must be open for ink to flow. You can open them manually by removing the cover behind the cartridges or put the machine into service mode and open them in the service menus. I'd suggest going to the JV33 bible thread and getting all the service manuals as well.

First pull the damper for the lines you want to manually fill off the printhead. Be careful on these type dampers, they also have a valve in them, when you press the round side of the damper you open it's valve. Position the damper attached to the line over something to catch the ink so it does not get on the top of the head board. Then you can remove the cover behind the cartridges, and manually push in to open (temporarily tape it open) the valve for the line you want to fill. Then go back to the damper and gently press the side of it, ink should begin to flow freely due to gravity and the valve being open. These dampers should be as completely full as possible.

Do a search here in the Mimaki forum for JV33 and or CJV30. Both are nearly the same and many have gone over this many times.

MikePro

+1 sightline's comment.
apologies, posted from my phone and I could have sworn we were talking about a jv130

muelli75

Hi!

Update: I checked the tubes between the ink-cartridges and the valves. (the machine has a modification to use other inks than from mimaki).
And - uh - the tubes were stucked with dry ink. After cleaning the tubes, the printhead is supplied with fresh ink - and its printing well!

So I want to exchange the tubes - but i dont know which type of tube i should buy. The outer diameter ist 4 mm, the inner diameter ist 2 mm. Is "tygon" the correct type?

Thank you for all your answers!

Martin

muelli75

SOLVED - JV33-260 is printing well

Hi!

Thanks for all your answers - after replacing the Ink-tanks and cassettes and doing two 99 minutes noozlewashes the machine is printing well. Only the adjustment of the printhead is to do. Hope I get it soon.

Martin