• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

onyx 12 black

jason91

can someone help me get a true 10-100% black only... Ive used an i1 and created a profile. all my colors are spot on and comparable to versaworks except black...whether its rbg, or cmyk 10%-to 100% k only...when i print i can tell there is a mixture of cmy into the k to get my blacks....i dont what it to print anything but the k cartridge for my greys and blacks..is there a setting or a way to do this.

Disabling color management in Job Editor (All ICC Profiles Off) would do this, but would likely cause all kinds of random havoc with other colors, particularly with RGB-based objects.

A different option would be to enable Pure Hues for Black & Grey. This dialog is found in Job Editor > Printer/ Media Tab > Change Profiles Button > Setup Pure Colors. Enabling it for black/gray will likely increase the amount of visible grain in your gray tones, as you would be using only K ink.

Attachments

• PureHue.JPG
    PureHue.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 90

rjssigns

Try making a new black swatch to C30, M30, Y30, K100. At school we call it superhero black, but it's not magic that will cure all output issues on all different medias on all equipment.

i cant find that option in production house 12? where is it
In recent versions of Onyx, Pure Hues is found within the Job Editor (previously called Preflight) as well as Edit Quicksets. Click the change Profiles button, and in the resulting dialog, click the icon framed in red for the desired data (raster/ vector and CMYK/RGB).

I do not recall which version of Onyx added this functionality, it is possible that Pure Hues is not available in v12.

Attachments

• PureHueLocation.JPG
    PureHueLocation.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 85