• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 22 / Thrive wont auto rotate when nesting?

ozpall

I just got my 700w and onyx 22 and im in the same boat, the check box its checked but i manually have to rotate some files to make them fit properly, even when there is room to fit more on the side onyx won't do it, it just keeps everything vertical not using the right or left sides. if i load a 24x36 it puts it vertical all the time never turns it side ways to 36".
So it appears that it is nesting correctly based on the conserve media placement strategy. What is the resolution of the media profile you are using? What happens to the nest if you change the nesting strategy?t

ozpall

Update for everybody also struggling with this issue, creating a quick set that had ‘allow rotation while nesting’ under the output tab worked!! Thank you so much!!

i can edit my quick set but don't see the option to create a new quick set? and in the edit i don't see an option for the auto rotate?

Chichia96

i can edit my quick set but don't see the option to create a new quick set? and in the edit i don't see an option for the auto rotate?
You need to right click on your printer up in the printers panel (top of onyx screen) and hit configure, then in the window that pops up there's a quick set a tab and you can edit, Add new, or delete a quick set.
You should edit all of the quick sets to auto rotate by going into the believe it's called workflow tab on the left and then to output and then allow objects to rotate. Sorry I'm not explaining it very well I'm not in front of the RIP computer.

ozpall

Ok, figured it out, you don't need to create a new quick set, attached is a pic of where to find the setting for the autorotate. hope it helps others.

Attachments

• auto rotate.jpg
    auto rotate.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 53

guillermo

In the placement settings on the right hand side of the RIP Queue, select Conserve Media and then click the little gear to adjust the options. In the options, select "Best Fit" and "Allow Rotate". It should automatically adjust your nest so that you would not need to go into job settings for each print job.

View attachment 169627
this option is checked and it never works.