• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx help

WestbankKurt

I am using Onyx 10.1 and could use some help. It puts a right angel registration mark at all four corners with a bar code and I do not need it for some images and am trying to maximize my printing width. Flex seemed so much more compatible but at the moment I have to use Onyx.
Thank you

HaroldDesign

I'm still on Onyx 7, but it sounds like you're printing with the intent to contour cut, and it's adding the bar code.

miker

yes, it's adding cutting marks for contour cutting. RIght click and modify your printer and turn the cutter option off.

MikePro

first window in your preflight, select "none" for cutter
if you forget to do so, and your file is ripped already.... right click your job in your print que, select info, and you can change your cutter to "none" there as well.

MikePro

to avoid having to do so for every project, you can preset your cutter as "none" in your preflight preferences.

to avoid having to do so for every project, you can preset your cutter as "none" in your preflight preferences.

Even better, look up Quicksets in the user manual. If you set up a quickset for standard print jobs, and another one for print-cut jobs, you'll be all set!

WestbankKurt

I would like to thank all for the replies to my first post, it solved the problem. I now have a different problem and I hope someone has a simple solution. When I bring an Illustrator file into Onyx it wants to change the dimensions. What am I missing when it comes to A. bringing the file in to begin with or B. is it a matter of understanding in Preflight - Preview and Size how to manage width and height and magnification? I need some clear direction, please explain to me as in the most simple of terms.
Thank you

C

ColoPrinthead

I'm not sure whats going on with the size issue, but know it can be easy to screw up if you are cropping in preflight. As a rule I tend to always lock the magnification before doing anything in preflight.