• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Ink Limits

Kustom X

We have trial of Onyx Thrive and so far so good. As of right know we are getting good color with generic profiles. However, we are trying to write some profiles and are having a problem with our ink limit. We print and read our ink restriction and calibration and everything seems fine, but as soon as we print an ink limit it seems over saturated and bleeding even on the first swatch and you can 't go any lower than 100. I attached a pic of what is happening. What are we doing wrong? We have written many profiles with Flexi but we keep having issues with Flexi software and there color matching is awful.

Attachments

• Onyx Ink Limit.jpg
    Onyx Ink Limit.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 356

MikePro

bad stock, or bad comms, or bad heads. ink limits are more of a quantity rather than a quality-thing.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
With this being a "trial version", could it be that profiling isn't allowed?

In a trial, you cannot create an ICC profile with the onyx engine.
However , you still can create the media profile (ink restrictions, linearisation, inknlikits etc)
And if you want you can import your own icc profile created with 3rd party software.

the issue seems to be with the stock (not coated) or the printer sucks.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I see nothing wrong with the image of the Onyx ink limit swatch the OP posted. I suspect the OP could use some training in both Onyx and Flexi as well as printing in general.