• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Printing Error with Print and Cut

Goatshaver

I'm trying to get my new workstation setup and running. However I'm running into an issue. I've imported all my media and quick sets to my new install my cutter is connected. When I try to print a job with a print and cut setup it just processes and then drops into the archive area and says there was a printing error. In my console I don't see anything that is helping me. I'm sure it's some bonehead simple thing, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

What my console says when I try to print.
Printing 1 copies of C:\THRIVE19\WORK\EPSON SURECOLOR S40600\Captains_Halo_Seed_Pack_2.75x2.48inch_12UP.WaitPrint
Buffering C:\THRIVE19\WORK\EPSON SURECOLOR S40600\Captains_Halo_Seed_Pack_2.75x2.48inch_12UP.Printing to C:\THRIVE19\WORK\EPSON SURECOLOR S40600\Captains_Halo_Seed_Pack_2.75x2.48inch_12UP.Buffered
I can print if I do not have the cuts setup to send to the cut sever. It's only when I introduce the cutter to the printing it fails.

ikarasu

Have you tried making a copy of the quickset you know is working, then under cutter just select your graphtec version, you shouldn't need to change anything else - see if that works. ... Or you could just goto the quickset you know is working and enable graphtec, see if that works...then create a copy of it. If you're using the default onyx cut names, you won't need to make any other changes.

Orrrr... If your file prints fine, you can grab it from the queue under job editor, you can select graphtec and try to reprint it. That way it'll send the cut data over to the cutting workflow and you dont have to mess with quicksets at all for the test.

Enabling the cutter shouldn't cause any issues... My guess is the resolution is wrong or its trying to print a mode your printer can't do, so it's causing an error. Sometimes reinporting quicksets can mess up little things like that.

(Edit) and if none of that works, or that's what you've been doing... Under file / setup or something,(not at home near a PC, sorry!) you can enable debugger logging to console. That should give you more information in your console as to why it's failing.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
we are not an onyx shop, we use flexi for everything.
is it possible you need to setup a second port (9100 for the printing/rip file)
some of the networked printer/scanner copiers do this, (konica or kyocera, something beginning with a "k")
scanning and printing on different port.

Goatshaver

Went through and reset my cutter in Onyx and tested a the quick set that I had printed from to test just printing and did a print/cut and it worked fine. Just a damn hiccup it seemed. I had tested each individually but not with the print/cut all in one. It'll be nice to RIP on a faster system.

Has anyone used Onyx 19 with windows 11? I'm very hesitatant to upgrade to windows 11 when 10 worked fine with everything on my last system.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I was going to say that you might have some problems if you upgraded to W11. I mean nobody really knows as it's not officially supported on V19.

Goatshaver

I was going to say that you might have some problems if you upgraded to W11. I mean nobody really knows as it's not officially supported on V19.
That's why I got 10 pre-installed when I bought it. I was a bit worried I might run into some compatatbility issues running onyx 19 on Windows 11. No need to switch to something if the previous one still serves it purpose just fine.

ikarasu

You can do the upgrade, and if you don't likemotn/ have problems - you have 30 days to revert back to windows 10 before they delete the restore.

I use 11 on my home PC.... But with a ton of tweaks. I hate the bottom, centered start bar.... So on all my production PC's I keep 10. 10 is more stable, at least after you apply a bunch of "hacks" to get your ui working more like 10...

Jessica S

Went through and reset my cutter in Onyx and tested a the quick set that I had printed from to test just printing and did a print/cut and it worked fine. Just a damn hiccup it seemed. I had tested each individually but not with the print/cut all in one. It'll be nice to RIP on a faster system.

Has anyone used Onyx 19 with windows 11? I'm very hesitatant to upgrade to windows 11 when 10 worked fine with everything on my last system.
Do not upgrade to 11.. our shop made that mistake and they insisted it was not bc of the upgrade. then boss went back to 10 and we have been great. But we also are running onyx21-good luck