• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx - Roland SP-540V

Goatshaver

Since I'm having cutting issues and I need to cut on my SP-540V. I want to print jobs on my Epson and then cut them on my Roland. I can print the marks but I cannot get them to read and also anyone have insight into the settings for perf cutting in Onyx. It's a bit different than going through versaworks.

Thank you.

rjssigns

IIRC you have to generate the crop marks in VW for them to be recognized by the SP540V for cutting.

Goatshaver

IIRC you have to generate the crop marks in VW for them to be recognized by the SP540V for cutting.

I can run my SP540V from Onyx and it does put the marks. I can set it as my cutter and it puts the appropriate marks they just don't seem to register right.

Just trying to avoid printing on my 540V because next to the Epson it's slow as watching the grass grow.

Goatshaver

I've managed to print from my Epson with the Roland marks but the cutting is where it's faltering. My Roland was able to read the marks correctly and start cutting but it tried doing perf cuts every time it goes to cut. This is stumping me.

rjssigns

I've managed to print from my Epson with the Roland marks but the cutting is where it's faltering. My Roland was able to read the marks correctly and start cutting but it tried doing perf cuts every time it goes to cut. This is stumping me.

Ya got me on that one. Odd that it wants to perf cut.

Only cross platform stuff I've done is at school. Print on Roland using Rasterlink file then cut on Mimaki flatbed. Clunky interface but it worked.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
How are your cutter settings looking?

upload_2020-5-28_9-45-32.png

Are you using the right spot colour names for the cut layers?

Goatshaver

How are your cutter settings looking?

View attachment 147244

Are you using the right spot colour names for the cut layers?

Should be named how Onyx will recognize it I'm assuming which should be right. I just don't seem to understand the actual cut settings and why it keeps doing a perf cut. It reads the roland marks (which are .5" in size) and proceeded to cut in the correct positions but always a perf cut.

And who understands what the Half Force setting should be? it only goes up to 80gf, which still doesn't make sense to me even if it is not the full pressure cut. I'm just wondering if you can ONLY do perf cutting.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg