• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Thrive 19 Slow

pkeshtgani

Hello everyone,
Anyone else having issues with opening job properties in Thrive 19? We got all brand new dell computers, i7, 32gb of ram and job properties takes a while to open up...any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

balstestrat

Problem Solver
When you double click a job? You have the newest installation of thrive (ONYX_Thrive_19_0_3_GM2.exe)?
You have SSDs and no spinners? Opening the job from local disk? Turn of any additional antivirus to see if it's checking it.

Last edited:

pkeshtgani

When you double click a job? You have the newest installation of thrive (ONYX_Thrive_19_0_3_GM2.exe)?
You have SSDs and no spinners? Opening the job from local disk? Turn of any additional antivirus to see if it's checking it.

Yes, that's the version that was installed.
no SSD
Opening the job from local disk,
Anti-virus turned off and no difference was made.

FactorDesign

Ours isn't blazing fast, but we are using 5+ year old Dell Inspirons on a 10/100 network, and often working with multi-gig files. If you've got modern hardware I'd check for other conflicts or resource stealing applications, then maybe consider a fresh format and reinstall of just the required programs to be sure it's not related to other software.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Holy smokes no SSDs on a brand new machine? That's is the worst choice ever.
Try to open a very small job / picture and see if that is faster or not. Also try that from a external source like a usb stick or a disk.

pkeshtgani

Ours isn't blazing fast, but we are using 5+ year old Dell Inspirons on a 10/100 network, and often working with multi-gig files. If you've got modern hardware I'd check for other conflicts or resource stealing applications, then maybe consider a fresh format and reinstall of just the required programs to be sure it's not related to other software.

We have already eliminated this as well. it came with no lock! I think I am not very clear on what I was asking. Basically the files rip fast, no issues there. its when the job is ripped, and you want to go to job properties afterwards it takes times to open up.

pkeshtgani

Holy smokes no SSDs on a brand new machine? That's is the worst choice ever.
Try to open a very small job / picture and see if that is faster or not. Also try that from a external source like a usb stick or a disk.

The issue is not regarding the ripping of the files. That work fast with no issues. its the issue of opening the "job properties" after the job is ripped. if you close rip-queue and reopen it opens "job properties" right away no glitching, but after 5min it goes back to opening "job properties" slow.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Do you have a lot of jobs in your queue? I have found the more jobs in the queue, the slower Onyx responds. If you need to keep the jobs for future printing, you can move them from the printer folder in the Thrive19/Work/"printer name" to a different folder for backup. Do this with Thrive closed. Make sure the folder is empty after moving the files. Reopen Thrive and continue work and see if that solves your issue.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
If in doubt, clear the work folder. Always speeds mines up. I do usually have a few gig worth of crap in there after a month or so.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Is this on the computer with the USB Key installed? One of my rips always has this same issue if the host computer (The one with the USB Key) shuts down and restarts. I have to reboot onyx on the client computer (The one without the USB Key) for it to return to normal. Otherwise it's a host of issues. Could be a corrupt printer driver, install or something in the work folder. I have an SSD for my work folder and still have the same issue so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

I just read another one of your posts on it working and not working after 5 minutes. If you're running this in a network environment it may be something to do with the key. Onyx is always looking for the key validation. If you unplug it, it will immediately stop working. You won't be able to rip, edit or check job properties.