• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oops 5 million $ down the tubes

phototec

Attachments

• Apache helicopter crash in Sharana, Afghanistan.jpg
    Apache helicopter crash in Sharana, Afghanistan.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 66

Locals Find!

The apache is designed to fly low cover for ground troops. It appears he lost lift somehow. I wonder if it was pilot error or mechanical error.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm thinking this guy was in control so
pilot error....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• dean-winters-mayhem-is-coming.jpg
    dean-winters-mayhem-is-coming.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 78

FatCat

...Glad the pilots are ok, but at over $5,000,000.00 a copy, I think better judgment should have prevailed.

:banghead:

Helicopters, tanks, planes, etc. are all easily replaced whereas a soldier's life is not. Thankfully some family didn't receive a letter over this. Mistakes and accidents happen - we're all human.

signswi

Helicopters, tanks, planes, etc. are all easily replaced whereas a soldier's life is not. Thankfully some family didn't receive a letter over this. Mistakes and accidents happen - we're all human.

This. $5 million is a drop in the defense budget (unfortunately) but it's just a helicopter, people are more important. Helicopters are complicated machines that don't really want to stay in the air. Even in pure cold fiscal costs the crew cost a lot more to train than the helicopter.