• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opening eps files with Corel 12???

Slack11

I can't open eps files in corel draw. When I try to import them, all that is imported is a gray square with the name of the file I tried to open. Is there a trick to doing this? Within the help section it says I should be able to open these.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cadmn

You need to make sure you installed the correct filters for import of those files I have no problem

graphix

sometimes in at the bottom of your import box when it pops up you see..Files of type....select ps,prn,eps,-postscript-interpeter..and that might work or try to just open them with the same settings as above..sometimes it works for me...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You are probably using the "All Files" setting for "Files of Type" when you are importing which then has Corel choosing the import filter. As mentioned there is a specific filter set named PostScript Interpreted which can be selected. There is also a second filter named Illustrator AI - EPS which, IMHO, works better than the PS Interpreted. Try selecting each and compare the results.

Slack11

Thank you guys for the help.... I switched the type of file and it allowed me to open these. The open command worked also. Man, it is nice to have this forum to ask questions about this stuff.

Thanks for all your help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The only difference between Open and Import is that the Open command creates a new page and the Import command brings the file into an already open page. There should be no difference in how well or poorly the selected import filter works.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Fred Weiss said:
The only difference between Open and Import is that the Open command creates a new page and the Import command brings the file into an already open page. There should be no difference in how well or poorly the selected import filter works.

I have recieved some .eps files that will not import no matter what import filter is used. You can open these files and then copy and paste into the file you want it in. An extra step but one that is nice to know about.