• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on Fire Truck Door Design

This design will be going on fire truck doors at a local department. We have been working out the details of the design for a while, and it is close to what we were looking for. The only thing that I am not satisfied with at this point is the "Est. 1954". The chief wants a script font, but I haven't found one I'm happy with. I am open to suggestions or critiques on any aspect of the design.
HARRISBURG DOOR LOGO NEW EDIT.jpg

letterman7

Not bad. I'd try to work in the Established part at the top inside the cross, and the year at the bottom so it's part of the design. Don't use a script font. Work on the kerning a bit - both sets are a bit bunched up in spots.

Jillbeans

Please adjust your kerning.
A pet peeve of mine of fire trucks is abbreviations.
Spell out Established 1954, at the bottom of the layout.
I would not use a script. Use a gothic typestyle.
I'd also eliminate the sideways fleur-de-lis inside the circle, the monogram would stand out better on a black field with the cross part all gold.
Love....Jill

Willmac1.wm

would you mind sending me the vector for the leaf work and the little spear head emblem just out side of the circle. I'm working on a fire truck pin stripe right now, and I have been looking every where for something exactly like that.

I have gotten some things from that website, the leaf came from another vector website. I am going to adjust the kerning today, and also work on the fleur de lis- I like the idea of getting rid of them. As far as the established 1954, we are pretty set on having to have it in the same location. I think I will switch it back to some form of block font and see how it looks. The chief wanted me to draw up a version with a white highlight opposite of the black drop shadow on the letters. I'll probably put that up on here for consideration today also. Thanks for all the input!