• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on Rastek H650

particleman

We're looking at Hyrbrid UV printers and have come across the EFI Rastek H650. I'm wonder if anyone has one and if so please tell me what you think about it.

parrott

We have been looking at the H700. Not looking to thread jack, but any feedback on either of these printers would be appreciated.

beermonster

ok not wanting to pour bad info but these are the ex-raster/daytona machines i think - efi just bought them out - i think there were/are serious build issues on the machines from electronic board failures to a few other things too - i'd recommend thorough testing

i'm certain i read some issues about them on here somewhere - have a scout around, but i have without a shadow of a doubt read there are issues - so much so that when searching for an alternative to the THING I have here (crap brand name not mentioned to protect the guilty....) i decided to not even bother with the rasstek/raster machines

but test it - you might find it great - just because i've seen and heard bad things - they cant ALL be bad - right?

I am a service tech. and have seen a few of these around never heard anything good about them and frankly see them as a engineerd nightmare. If you are lookin at a entry level flatbed hybrid machine I know of a client of mine that has a Gerber solara uv2 thats 6color cmykorgr. Prints beautifully and its a workhorse dont waste your money on technology that is being passed around as many manufactures are these day's I.E. macdermid colorspan/HP Raster/EFI.... Really when you make a purchase of that sort you need a company to back the product not being bought out by the guy down the road b/c they couldnt get it right.

Go Steardy or just get a headache

eureman

I own a Rastek H700UV. 1 year 5 months and wondering if they will ever get it working correctly. I'm now representing a small group of owners trying to get their machines working but we think we are just going to sue them. It will be easier.

bigtee

I own a Rastek H700UV. 1 year 5 months and wondering if they will ever get it working correctly. I'm now representing a small group of owners trying to get their machines working but we think we are just going to sue them. It will be easier.

we have 7 installed across the country without any problems. Every printer has it's issues, but nothing we havn't been able to solve.

Samy98

EFI RastekH650

I am looking to buy same printer H650 is any one has information on it,
Thank you

Samy98

pstrwks

I Own a Rastek H650 and it works well - Slower than I'd like but overall a good machine. We have had some curring issues and the lamp voltages have been adjusted and the problem seems resolved. What this will do to lamp life remains to be seen.
Yes I have other issues like leaky vacuum cleaners, insufficient vacuum to flatten warped boards ect.
The software issues have been the greatest frustration. (I have been largeformatting since 1994 I run Wasatch*2 Postershop*1 so I know a little about this stuff)

The biggest issue has been the EFI RIP software "Fiery XF" - I find it exceptionally un-user friendly - It works but is temperamental and not intuitive.

HulkSmash

It seems like a decent machine.. i actually went to a demo of one couple days ago..
the only issue I've seen with it... it's extremely slow... i mean.. deathly slow.. if you have a steady sign business you will find yourself upgrading in a year or two.

abboud911

owner manual for rastek h650

please can you send me the owner manual for the rastek h650
I want to buy one and I want to read it's user manual before
thank you best regard
please send it to
abboud911@gmail.com

jmitchell954

Director of Production

Just a little fish in a big pond here... We purchased a 650 almost a year ago and for what we paid for it our ROI was 3x the purchase price. Decent machine for the money and you get what you pay for. Same issue everyday and I challenge the service tech that replied to this thread to fix the machine we have. Issues are air in the lines... EVERYDAY we have to bleed the lines before we start up which was not listed as a perk in the sales pitch. Not to mention after the machine was installed there was a concern of humidity and temperature. This machine would have been a great purchase if there wasn't a need to bleed the lines everyday. Quality is great and compared to some the big money machines it's there. Just get this air leak or low pressure issue solved and we will purchase another unit by the end of the year.

artbot

if there is negative pressure in the lines during the printer being parked. try to raise the ink supply an inch or so. the height of the ink supply is ink direct relation to the internal pressure of the lines. to low and the ink will drift toward the tanks. you'll know when the ink supply is too high, the heads will weep.