• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 210 lam problem?

Desert_Signs

We've been using 210 for a long time, and recently we've had an issue crop up. We use a Seal laminator. When we load the lam on the top roller (the tension roller), the lam just spins on the core. It seems Oracal has stopped attaching the lam to the core. This is a huge pain in the ***.

Anyone else noticed this or did I just get a couple bad rolls? It's easy for me to fix (I just attach it to a new core and wind it on to it.) But, I shouldn't have to do that.

Jack Knight1979

I had some a couple rolls ago where the release paper was fused on the edges of the roll. When you're laminate the release paper would tear and cause all kinds of hell.

Mosh

Do you have alot of humidity in your shop? We have problems in the time of year when it is getting warm but not hot enough for the air cond but is warm and humid, thus is super humid in the shop. Once we are running the air cond full on NO problems. I do know 210 's backing is thinner than the 290 and does need some adusting.

Desert_Signs

Do you have alot of humidity in your shop? We have problems in the time of year when it is getting warm but not hot enough for the air cond but is warm and humid, thus is super humid in the shop. Once we are running the air cond full on NO problems. I do know 210 's backing is thinner than the 290 and does need some adusting.

It's dry. Probably a little too dry. This is the first time in years that it's happened. I almost wonder if it's old stock. We have received a couple rolls of lam with, what I presume, is a new backer (no more grid squares). Those are fine.

Graphics2u

We've been using 210 for a long time, and recently we've had an issue crop up. We use a Seal laminator. When we load the lam on the top roller (the tension roller), the lam just spins on the core. It seems Oracal has stopped attaching the lam to the core. This is a huge pain in the ***.

Anyone else noticed this or did I just get a couple bad rolls? It's easy for me to fix (I just attach it to a new core and wind it on to it.) But, I shouldn't have to do that.
I would think that's just a couple rolls that were messed up. I can't imagine them not attaching the lam to the core.