• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 3165RA Issue?

landdesigns

Hello, I have been having an printing issue with my Versacamm , the prints seem to have spider web marks on the prints mostly black but i have noticed red and blue also. I cleaned the machine several times, replaced wipers, changed the cap on the black, even purchased a kit to remove static electricity. Well last night after changing cap with no better results, I did a few prints using the 3165ra and had the problem, so I did a few prints on a roll of solovex removable vinyl i have, no pproblems with print? Then i did a print on Oracal 3195Ra no Problem? I have seen other people having an issue with 3165ra like i have and im kind of bummed because I like using the 3165ra air realease on racecars because its easy to work with and has a reasonable price but the printing issue makes the prints look bad. Any suggestions on what to do to stop the problem or recommendation on other vinyl similar to 3165ra?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letterbox Mike

We used to have a lot of problems with 3165RA as well. Finally we ditched it for 3M IJ35C-10 and couldn't be happier. Much more consistent and it's about $40 less per roll.

Typestries

Ditto for what Insignia said. It literally falls off of stuff, too. Good concept by oracal, bad execution. And this from a longtime oracal user.

Letterbox Mike

We've actually pretty much abandoned Oracal's print media altogether. There are better alternatives out there for less money, surprisingly often by 3M. 3651 is too soft to solvent print on and then actually be able to handle within 72 hours, 3951's adhesive is so aggressive it's nearly impossible to wrap with, 3165 turned out to more or less just be junk, and 3640 is blah and for a cheap economy grade General Formulations 203 and 201 are far superior. I thought Orajet was great for a long time but after using it for many years I don't hold it in the same regard as some other brands.