• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Orajet 3641 Warping and Shrinking

Claudio Oliveira

Claudio de Oliveira
Hi Guys! Last week I made a print test with Orajet 3641 and 3651. I have a printer HP LATEX 335.
For this test I used in my printer HP LATEX 335 the color profile of ORAFOL 3640G-010, I did´nt found specific a profile for 3641 or 3651.
This color profile when printing, warm the printer and the vinyl to 240 °F of temperature.

When I made a print test with Orajet 3651 was a success! Great colors, the vinyl didn´t warped or shrunk at all. Everything was great with Orajet 3651.

But when I made a print test with Orajet 3641, the colors was great too, but the vinyl warped and shrunk too much.

I was with just two meters of each vinyl that I gained from a Supplier, so I couldn´t make more tests.

The main problem with 3641, I think that is the temperature that the printer warms the vinyl, but I´m not sure.

Orajet 3641 is much more cheaper than 3651, so If it works for me could be great.

Did you have ever sucess printing Orajet 3641 in HP LATEX 300 series? What profile color did you used? What temperature your printer was using for this vinyl?

Thank you guys!

FatCat

Don't know about the specific latex issues you mention, but in my experience, the 3641 is a cheap economy vinyl thats only good for short term signs and projects that don't need to last more than a year outdoors. 3651 is far superior in most every way, and as such more expensive - but in reality I think the cost difference here in the US is only like 30% difference between 3641 vs 3651 comparing same size rolls...

Claudio Oliveira

Claudio de Oliveira
I´m thinking to buy an Orajet 3641 roll to make more tests.

Do you know if is possible to print 3641, with a lower temperature, and without this shrink and warping problems?

dypinc

Orajet 3641, Release Liner 83# silicone coated paper. That will cause you problems. You need a 90# for good results with latex. You can try more passes with less heat. Maybe 12pass - 220 °F.

dypinc

Orajet 3641 would be good for short term yard signs since General Formulations 201-OAP can no longer be used with latex. But I remembered this thread and wondered if any one came up with a heat/pass combination that worked with the 3641 83# release liner?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
3641 shrinks fast because it's cheap vinyl. The heat settings and passes etc. won't change how it behaves. It's just going to shrink no matter what unless you laminate with a cast laminate or something like that.

• Agree
Reactions: S2S

dypinc

3641 shrinks fast because it's cheap vinyl. The heat settings and passes etc. won't change how it behaves. It's just going to shrink no matter what unless you laminate with a cast laminate or something like that.

I understand it is cheap and will shrink after applied, but for short term yard signs that is alright. What I want to know is about the 83# liner buckling and causing head strikes and other problems when printing.

So then it is all about the liner? I have been using 3641 for 19 years and yes<I have had these issues. I live in humid Florida, but everything is in climate control. I get some good rolls, and some give me a pain!! Don't like 2m or Avery. And 3641 is not Cheap! LOL!