• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Orajet 3651 or Greenstar for car stickers

Ink Newbie

Ink Newbie
Newbie questions here. So, I'm having trouble deciding whether to get the Orajet 3651 calendered vinyl or the Greenstar 3.5mil calendered vinyl for my Roland BN-20. My questions are:
What is the best vinyl for car stickers?
Which is more durable and higher quality in your opinion?
Does the difference in thickness have any major effects in the long term? I will laminate the vinyl, of course.
Are these the best types of vinyl for my machine, or would you recommend other brands like 3M?

rjssigns

Completely dependent on what the end goal is. Is durability important? Price point? Do you even need lamination? Once you define the criteria material choice is easy.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
I have 5 stickers roughly 3 by 3 inch on my car that I've tested over the last 2 years. 3164 matte, 3164 Gloss, 3651 clear, 3651 gloss, and Avery 1105.

Not one of them has faded or looks much different than the day I put them on. So.....

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I like Oracal 3165RA, it is thicker than 3651 and a little cheaper. We have some signs around our shop that are over 5 years old that were made with this and 215G laminate.