• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our 365 Has A Broken Tape Measure

JamesLam

I ran a few jobs using up a few 150' rolls of media. When I switched materials and ran a small 30" canvas the printer caught me off guard and was about to "print" another 80' of nothingingness.

I checked the original file, the Flexi page, the PM and everything I thought of to see if I had added something, or missed something and I came up blank.

Has anyone encountered this?

JamesLam

Here's a pic and a few things stand out.

First is that the media is 42" wide, not 64" as shown.

Second, the print shows as being 101 inches, which I think is close to the actual length of the job yet the time for printing is just under two hours.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20231030_165548.jpg
    IMG_20231030_165548.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 96

JamesLam

This comes from RIP.
I have printed who knows how many full rolls and I have only seen this a few times during the past week. As suggested there is definitely a lag or disconnect between the RIP and the printer.

Could it be the computer is not powerful enough to keep up? Do we need to clear out a cache?