• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Out of the keg...and right back in. Who woulda thunk?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Heh...more than just the beer gets recycled here. You can't make this stuff up...or can you? Listed on marketplace for $300 each, minus the valves.

Like soothing rain on a tin roof, I'll bet they make the most awesome sound (pardon, ladies)!

321931453_5757340751045525_8515158392387895088_n.jpg

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
Very cool! I'm a fan of upcycling also. I like Pinterest for ideas...

They should have the names of some of their beers above the "kego-urinal" for fun

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's just rent money. You pay for the beer, channel it and then recycle it back into the water system.

JBurton

Signtologist
Seems appropriate. I'm a fan of "up cycling" repurpose something that would otherwise be garbage.
Often times the bar will actually bring these back to a distributor to refill them, saves them the trouble of whipping out the ouija board to summon andre the giant just to crush a can.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Often times the bar will actually bring these back to a distributor to refill them, saves them the trouble of whipping out the ouija board to summon andre the giant just to crush a can.
Yes, they definitely use these until they are no longer safe to do so....much like the returnable bottles of my childhood.

The kegs are typically stainless steel or aluminum, so the scrap always demands a premium regardless how they are used.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The days of taking your wagon around the block and collecting bottles. 2¢ for the small bottles and 5¢ for the quarts. About 5 doors down from where I lived as a little kid was a bar and my dad knew the owner and the head bartender. So, that's where all my deliveries were taken. Could easily make 75¢ on a Saturday or Sunday morning, before the street cleaner came through. Not a truck, but a guy pushing a big barrel on wheels and he had a wide broom. He always had an old smashed stogie in his mouth.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The days of taking your wagon around the block and collecting bottles. 2¢ for the small bottles and 5¢ for the quarts. About 5 doors down from where I lived as a little kid was a bar and my dad knew the owner and the head bartender. So, that's where all my deliveries were taken. Could easily make 75¢ on a Saturday or Sunday morning, before the street cleaner came through. Not a truck, but a guy pushing a big barrel on wheels and he had a wide broom. He always had an old smashed stogie in his mouth.
Gino, you are the oldest, not really actually that old, person that I have ever met

Last edited:

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
If you have a Ford's Garage (which is actually a restaurant despite the name) that's what they have in the men's room. BTW, try the bison burger, it's amazing.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Those edges at the top look like they could be a hazard to someone who has been drinking. And I hope that is rust on the top sprayer bar on the left...........

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Those edges at the top look like they could be a hazard to someone who has been drinking. And I hope that is rust on the top sprayer bar on the left...........
Not all of us have to stand so close.
Wait, aren't kegs aluminum? What is that? Hand stand barf?