• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor banner stand

graphix45

We did a banner for a local radio station and had a mix up on what to use to display it. The bottom line is I have to come up with a stand/post system for an event tomorrow.:banghead: So I desperatly need ideas on how to display a 30"x120" banner that can be used at different events. It has to be portable, easy to setup, professional looking & something I can build quick with stuff I can buy from local hardware stores. HELP!!!
Thanks in advance for any ideas.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
a 2.5' x 10' banner, on a portable stand.....

rookie mistake, no such animal. at least not in my neck of the woods, wind will kill ya.

anytime someone asks me for a banner that can be put up and reused elsewhere, i tell them it has to be installed as if it was permanent, that's just the way it's gotta be. it's a giant kite that will fail miserably if you don't do it right.....

CS-SignSupply-TT

Radio station promotion

We did a banner for a local radio station and had a mix up on what to use to display it. The bottom line is I have to come up with a stand/post system for an event tomorrow.:banghead: So I desperatly need ideas on how to display a 30"x120" banner that can be used at different events. It has to be portable, easy to setup, professional looking & something I can build quick with stuff I can buy from local hardware stores. HELP!!!
Thanks in advance for any ideas.

How high off the ground? Did you leave room for pole pockets? What about reinforced holes for bungee straps?

Last edited:

bindercrazy

I went through the same thing. I was going to use pvc but it is just not strong enough so i used 3/4 pipe. Worked well for holding 2- 3'x6' banners. The problems is going to be the wind. I painted it up and it turned out very good and strong. It took all night to weld it up and grind it smooth. The long horizontal poles are threaded at the ends and bolted to the uprights so it can be taken all apart. Next time ill get a banner size to fit a nice banner stand.