• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

outdoor jr. display screen after service....

Slack11

I had to change some components in the capping station on my outdoor jr, and when I plugged the connector ribbon back into the board with the LCD screen, I just get squares now on the display instead of the normal text and commands. The printer works fine, it's just that the screen only shows blocks that do not change instead of the menus etc. I have unplugged and replugged the flat ribbon cable many times, but it does the same thing..... Is there some trick to this????? to get it in correctly to get the display to work?

Thanks for any help.

randya

I believe that this is usually a connector issue.
If the contact get damaged, backwards, or it is in crooked it may short out and give the symptoms you describe.

It is possible to damage the display board as well.

Slack11

it was just a bad connection....After messing with that same plug for about an hour, finally it connected the right way and all is good.... Talk about a picky little thing....