• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor Sidewalk Decals

McDroneFace

We have a school that wants some outdoor sidewalk decals. I have printed some samples on the Briteline Multigrip material and the 3M 40C Controltac with the floor laminate. Neither of these are staying down on our sidewalk here at work. It has been raining quite a bit, but we tried when the sun was out all day, but it did rain overnight and the next morning the decals were not stuck again. Does anyone have any solutions to getting this to stick in damp temperatures or a material that will work even when it has been a sunny day, but raining nearly every other day?

McDroneFace

Yes, we are using the foam roller and heat gun. The problem seems to be moisture in the cement. On our test, everything seemed fine, but the next morning the edges were peeling up and there was condensation under the decal. Do we have to wait for several sunny days before applying?

petepaz

i have used avery MPI2126 on brick walls outdoors and it help up for over 6 months with little to no wear. granted that's a wall not the sidewalk but this with a floor lam might be a good combo. also just thinking outside the box but what about adding some silicone or a construction adhesive to the edge of your existing material to help the edge stay down?
(just a thin bead on the edge, like an edge sealer)