• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor Use--> Mesh Banner on Retractable Banner Stand (?)

Don McCormick

Evening All;

I have a hospital that needs a signage solution outside their ER ASAP. They currently have A-Frames and need something that will stand out and get noticed. I'm limited on what I can offer with a 24 hour turn. No place to hang a banner or install a banner stand. Whatever I fabricate for them has to sit on concrete walkway underneath a Portico.

I am thinking about using mesh banner material and installing it in a retractable banner stand.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

1) Will mesh roll-up into the retractable mechanism?
2) Will using the mesh banner material (help) keep the stand from blowing over in a light wind?

Absolutely open to other solutions.

Thanks very much for any advice or input.

Stay safe everyone!

rjssigns

What's holding up the portico? Gotta be columns in the corners. I'd do pole pocket banners and mount to those. Otherwise the mesh banner in a banner stand is a good idea but then you have to anchor it somehow. You are also at the mercy of the employees putting it up and taking it down.
If it's emergency/temporary just build a wooden frame and use sandbags.

Bill DiStasio

Evening All;

I have a hospital that needs a signage solution outside their ER ASAP. They currently have A-Frames and need something that will stand out and get noticed. I'm limited on what I can offer with a 24 hour turn. No place to hang a banner or install a banner stand. Whatever I fabricate for them has to sit on concrete walkway underneath a Portico.

I am thinking about using mesh banner material and installing it in a retractable banner stand.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

1) Will mesh roll-up into the retractable mechanism?
2) Will using the mesh banner material (help) keep the stand from blowing over in a light wind?

Absolutely open to other solutions.

Thanks very much for any advice or input.

Stay safe everyone!
Yes it works great with the rollups. Don't let the width be more than the piece you attach to and let it roll slowly with counter pressured the first time.
The wind, the stand won't keep it up alone. A couple sand bags would work.is this a temporary sign? If it is permanent,. It won't last long with this setup and the elements and people touching it. Hope this helps.