• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overspray even after antistatic cord

zbullet2185

Hello
sc545ex versaworks
oracal 3551 not exactly but premium calendered one
Installed the anti static cord tried dryer sheet and anti static spray
cleaned encoder strip
test pattern ook
appears on both UNi and bi directional (hint did adjustment)
However when printing in low resolution such as 360x720 problems goes away could it be serge mist filter ???

rjssigns

You never mentioned what the humidity was in your shop. Anything under 50% will cause problems.(at least for us it does) Check for fuzz on heads. Or it could just a lot of static on that roll of media.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the problem goes away on lower quality print modes it is usually a head issue. When printing in lower quality the head does not use the variable dot function and only prints the biggest dots. Usually when a head is going bad it will show up when the head prints the finer dots as it takes more finesse to be able to print such fine quality. I would check your head cables and the connections on the head to make sure there isn't any ink on them or damage such as bent connectors or corrosion. Also do a cable swap to see if the problem switches to another head. If it does you could have cable or board issues. If it stays with the head that you are already having issues with, it is most likely a head issue.

zbullet2185

I forgot to mention that all head except k and yellow are affected and this is all visible one the printers fill test which I believe doesn't use the variable feature

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In that case, the head board is probably in need of a diagnostic. Most likely the transistors are malfunctioning.

gregwallace

Just a thought but what are the heaters set at? We had this problem on a sp540v, reduced the heaters to 37/40 and overspray went away. If the lower res prints faster and has less overspray it could be that your heat is set to high.

zbullet2185

Maybe ur right I set the heaters to 50 c because this printer doesn't have a preheater and I thought the grainy prints where do to low heat setting btw room temp is around 70-75f humidity is 55-67 ill give it a try but I'm also worried about adhesion problems.... Would there be an adhesion problem if printed at such a low temp??

gregwallace

It might take a little longer to dry but it should not affect adhesion. You might have to expirement with the heat a little bit to find a good setting. We use 3 different solvent printers and run the heat around 100 f on each of them. Just try it around 35 to 40 and see if it helps.