• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Overspray Issues with H1625 while printing Acrylic

rhill

Hello All,

I've been trying to print these acrylic invitations for a few days now and I keep getting this white spec drops. Attached you will find the very first one vs the last one after I wiped the print head and flushed the white as well. although it has improved, its not as clean as I would like it. I'm not sure what more can be done.
Any Suggestions?

IMG_7185.jpg
IMG_7186.jpg
IMG_7187.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7187.jpg
    IMG_7187.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 59

Joe House

I'm not familiar with your particular printer, so this is just generic stuff to address:
Is the head height appropriately set? Too high can contribute to overspray.
What does the nozzle test print look like? Are the nozzles firing where they should be?
Is your ink OEM and is it fresh? Check the expiration date.
Do you use white ink frequently? Does your printer circulate white ink internally? Do you need to agitate the ink cartridge or bottle?
Is you temperature and humidity within the printer's specified operating ranges?

Good luck

Ronny Axelsson

Static electricity is a possible cause. It tends to build up with some plastic materials and the result can be like in your images.
For comparison, print the same image on a piece of cardboard for example, to see if you get same spattering.

If not, it is most like static electricity that you must find a way to get rid of, which may be easier said than done unfortunately.
Humidity plays a big part. Try wiping the flatbed and the back of the acrylic with a moistened cloth before printing.

marunr

Yes, it's most likely static electricity. Be sure you have enough humidity in the room... I need at least 35%. After flushing the print head, try wiping down the acrylic with a plastic polish. I use Novus 1 and it works well. First you will need to test it because depending on the ink you use it may keep it from adhering to the acrylic. On some it works, on others not so well.

Superior_Adam

That is more than likely a static issue. It is best to keep the humidity around 40%. It could also be partially clogged nozzles to where when the ink is jetted it is deflecting. Easy to check if it is that by running a nozzle check. But my guess would be static as it is dry in the winter time.