• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pan face or not ???

I have a 5'x 8' double sided lighted sign redo.
The customer is wanting new sheeting to replace the very old formed pan face sheeting. I would like to know if I can use acrylic (7328) instead of pan face.
The cabinet is 7" deep.
What is the minimum thickness of a cabinet that allows for use of flat sheeting? Thanks.

Circleville Signs

If the cabinet is made for a pan-face insert, then you should stick with that. There are times when you can get away without it, but at that size, I would DEFINITELY not use flat acrylic.

Thanks for the info guys.
Here is a photo of the old sign. I haven't done one like this.... it's very old.
I'm thinking that only pan face will go back into it anyway.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 102

tsgstl

If it's only 7" thick a flat face will show the lights.
A lot of municipalities won't approve those old cans if it has exposed wires inside FYI

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At 5' x 8' you need the strength of the pan face. Also, you need to keep your face more than 3-1/2" from a lamp source or you'll experience hot spots..... and the customer might be a little upset with that feature.