• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

panels stretching when trying to align!!

luggnut

i did these prints on cast 3m with cast lam... when i mount them they stretch about a 1/4" and throw off the registration. does anybody have anytips or tricks on how to keep the registration perfect?

i did the cartoon drawings of the dog and background myself....

ingore the wrinkles the sign will be cut to shape.

Attachments

• pop dawg pic.jpg
    pop dawg pic.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 91

Sticky Signs

you can try to overcompensate for the stretch by mis-aligning the prints to begin with. That's pretty much a crap shoot though. I would probably install by hand. Maybe even wet...

jiarby

why didnt they BOTH stretch the same? did you use different installation/lam techniques for each panel??

luggnut

why didnt they BOTH stretch the same? did you use different installation/lam techniques for each panel??

yes same technique on both and same materials... i used the big squeegee

thewood

Did the prints line up perfectly prior to mounting?

Is it a possibility to run the seam hoizontally where it doesn't intersect every element in the design?

Do you have a laminator available?

d fleming

Try taping seem edge in middle of board and mount opposite directions away from middle. This should keep the seem stable on both panels in the middle and your stretch will be at opposite ends.

luggnut

Try taping seem edge in middle of board and mount opposite directions away from middle. This should keep the seem stable on both panels in the middle and your stretch will be at opposite ends.

thats the method i used but it is still a little off... i might try the transfer tape though