• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pantone / cmyk bridge question

gabagoo

the bridge chart is not even close to being that colour. If it were my job I would be scouring my colour charts for a closer match than these numbers.

CanuckSigns

Yeah that one doesn't convert well at all....stupid blues!!

And for the record mine says 84/70/0/0 as well.

It doesn't translate into paint very well either as i found out last year, A lawyers office hired us to make a lobby sign for them in that colour, I had to get the paint mixed by Pantone and shipped up from the USA!

Pantone Color Bridge's CMYK values are intended to show the closest CMYK match possible to Pantone spot colors, using an offset press that is adhering to SWOP standards. The CMYK values are as useless as (redacted) on a bull for any digital printer that is trying to match Pantone colors as accurately as possible.

rfulford

If the profiles for your rip/media are accurate, you should try to running with lab values.

L: 42
A: 18
B: -58

Custom_Grafx

Can you elaborate on this a bit?

The only time I've used lab values was to print a bright green, which was impossible to hit using cmyk or rgb. All I remember was creating a special color with l*a*b values then somehow converting it in Versaworks. Is there a secret way to do this? Another local printer had walked me through it at the time, but I can't remember the steps for the life of me!

I think it's this one..

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...Manuals and Guides/rvw_spot_color_replace.pdf

Rooster

Definitely use the lab values. It's easily within the gamut of your printer.

I soft-proofed the color using a few different media profiles and even the fastest print settings and worst white point media I use show it well within their gamuts.