• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pc60 or pc600?

ERNMAN70

Hi all, was just wondering which of the two Roland machines is better? As far as features(does one have more or better ones than the other?) or are they the same but just built at different years? Just wondering. Any comments would be great.
Thanks for the time.:smile:

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Be careful of buying either.... especially on ebay. Insist on seeing the printer running. If they can't do that for you dont buy it. PC-60 and PC-600 are older technology. The PC-600 has a ribbon saver feature to save you$$$

Jackpine

Thanks again for the replies guys I do appreciate it. How about dpi? is the 600 more than the 60?
I don't know about the PC-60 but with the PC-600, the DPI is selected in the RIP. I never had an issue with printing good quality at 300 DPI vector or bitmap files. I always exported from Corel 10 as an eps file when I was contour cutting. Export bitmaps as RGB color for the best results.

ERNMAN70

Rolands discription says 1200dpi photo-quality thermal transfer printing. So what im asking is the pc-60 less than the pc-600's 1200dpi?

Sign Works

PC-60 has a max print resolution of 600 DPI
PC-600 has a max print resolution of 1200 DPI
This is not that big of an advantage as most images will print fine at 600 DPI and sometimes even better at 300 DPI, I print everything at 600 DPI on my PC-600. Also I have found the ribbon saver feature on the PC-600 to be much more cost efficent over the PC-60 in several situations, I did some actual comparisons printing a one color sign with just randomly placed text, on the PC-60 we could only get 9 prints per ribbon, on the PC-600 we would get 23 prints, big difference huh? Think of it this way, if you have a 20" x 20" print with nothing on it but a 1/4" border around the outside the PC-60 spools the ribbon all 20" on every pass just to print the 1/4" border even though there is nothing in the middle to be printed, the PC-600 does not do this, On the PC-600 If there is more than 1 3/4" space (if I recall correctly) between objects to be printed then the ribbon stops spooling.

weaselboogie

Dude.... there is no DPI.

I'll second flamey on this one too. I think that they should have have the intervals more like Crappy, still crappy, almost not crappy. Don't expect 1200 dpi or anything close to 300dpi. My last experience with one was about 4 years ago, but I don't think I could visually tell the difference between the 300 and 1200 settings, still looked bad. Today's printers at their lowest settings would blow them away. It's just the nature of the resin beast. Roland 60s, and 600s just can't do high dpi. At 10ft, it doesn't matter anyway.

These were entry level machines of 8 years ago,but they can STILL do some things that todays machines can't do, like print foil and white.

Ken Sankey

The pc-600 also has a sheet cut feature, the ribbons between the two machines are the same, but with different sensors for identify the color. Had mine for 2 years been happy. If your looking to purchase, let me know. I have a pc-60.