• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf Vinyl Falling off after several months - Best way to fix?

RockinRobLee

Hi All,

These graphics were installed this past October. Roughly 48" x 48" perf vinyl panels with optically clear lam applied to glass. 3M Edge sealing was used on the edges as well. Recently, to varying degrees of severity the vinyl is falling off (photos attached). Confusing as several locations have zero issues with the exact same graphics, material and install method. Most important question is how to best fix this and make it hold in cold weather? Heat gun and more edge seal were used at one location but that is again lifting. Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• Peeling 2.jpg
    Peeling 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Peeling 1.jpg
    Peeling 1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 127

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I had a problem with perf but it didn't look like that. I think your window might not of been cleaned correctly. The corners can be slick and that stuff needs to be cleaned well

RockinRobLee

I had a problem with perf but it didn't look like that. I think your window might not of been cleaned correctly. The corners can be slick and that stuff needs to be cleaned well
That's the thing - they were squeaky clean, alcohol and all. Same as many other installs that worked fine too.