• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PerfCutContour Settings Illustrator/Versaworks

Mj__

Hi All,

I am unable to get the special items for PerfCutContour. Using Illustrator I apply the spot colours, Name them according CutContour/PerfCutContour both colour & layer. I am using VersaWorks 5.1 along with a SP-300V.
Is there any settings I need to change in regards to VW or Illustrator.

Is there something I am missing? If there are any settings I could be overlooking when saving please let me know!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Spot colours.PNG
    Spot colours.PNG
    68.9 KB · Views: 361
  • Versaworks.PNG
    Versaworks.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 102

spb

✨鞄➕
That's weird that it's ignoring PerfCutContour but respecting CutContour. If you want to upload your AI file I'll see if I can get it to work in 5.5.1. What are your PDF export settings?

One thing about PerfCutContour (once you get it working): you want to try to use rounded edges and not sharp corners like in your preview or you risk the possibility of the blade lifting the vinyl off the backing and creating a dog-ear.

Joe House

check the options when you export your file. Make sure that you're not converting spot colors to CMYK (or any other format).

Good Luck

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Try naming the spot color CutContour_Flex

....a few years ago I was having the same issue, and as I recall I needed to include the word "Flex"

Mj__

I've tried "CutContour_Flex" on the "PerfCutContour" and moving the layers forward but still haven't had any luck.
In regards to the export settings the output for .PDF is currently set for no conversions in colour no perfcut as of yet.

I did update to 5.3.2 with the same results trying to get the perfcut going.

Thanks for the insight to the rounded edges! Hope to get it running as soon as possible but I think it's something in the settings left unchecked at this stage.

I've attached the settings for reference. How do I go about uploading the .AI file, doesn't seem like it wants to upload

Attachments

• PDF settings.PNG
    PDF settings.PNG
    201.6 KB · Views: 105

Aaron Hunter

Is your color type still set to Spot Color? We have it switch occasionally with our prepress library due to opening preferences.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 8.55.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 8.55.21 AM.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 103

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
If you have the VersaWorks installation files, there are premade Roland Swatches available, just copy paste them into the appropriate Illustrator Folder.
Typically "Working Adobe Folder"/Presets/en_Us/

Mj__

I've pasted the Swatches into the preset folder and try to do the same thing as a .eps save file. No results as of yet.

Attachments

• PerfCutContour Spot Colour.PNG
    PerfCutContour Spot Colour.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 86

Mj__

That's weird that it's ignoring PerfCutContour but respecting CutContour. If you want to upload your AI file I'll see if I can get it to work in 5.5.1. What are your PDF export settings?

One thing about PerfCutContour (once you get it working): you want to try to use rounded edges and not sharp corners like in your preview or you risk the possibility of the blade lifting the vinyl off the backing and creating a dog-ear.
How can I forward the .AI file to you?

Kind regards

Aaron Hunter

In Acrobat DC there is a Print Production tool that allows you to see your color breakdowns. We use it to preflight our files before sending them to the rips as it shows the Spots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 4.22.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 4.22.38 PM.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 79

Mj__

If anyone wants to check out the file, please let me know if I've made any errors on my behalf.

Kind regards

Attachments

• hello PDF.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 98

Joe House

I opened this in VW and it shows both lines as cut and perf cut lines. Look at your queue properties and make sure that convert spot color is selected on the File Format tab.

Mj__

1690717065616.png

I've tried using the TestPerfCut. At this stage I believe it could be a problem with VW. Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to the settings?