• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perfect settings for Graphtec

CarolinaCabinet

I've got the new Graphtec FC8000 series (64") ... It came with a firmware glitch, but I've gottent hat sorted out fine now, and it cuts beautifully. It's very much noisier (makes a loud rattling noise even though I checked to see if the blade was tight) than my other plotters though, and I was wondering what settings you guys see works well for your Graphtecs. I know force it dependant on the material, but what speed and acceleration do you guys use for optimum mix of speed and quality. I usually am cutting things out thats been printed on Oracal 3651. Any suggestions?

Lunatic Taskbar

Being a new Graphtec owner I would be interested in hearing any suggestions as well. On a side note mine is wisper quiet. I have the FC7000

ahollow

I use the following settings for force:

vinyl - 18
laminated vinyl - 26
cling - 20
heat transfer material - 22

After setting my blade depth, I did a test cut on a piece of each material to get to these settings.

Make sure you have the latest firmware; I had noise problems and cross-cut issues before installing the latest firmware. Everything is great now.

FC7000-75

signguy95

I have used the following over the last 12 years:

vinyl - 15 / 50
laminated - 20 / 35
reflective - 25 / 25

I used 3 different blades though...vinyl, reflective ( 60 degree) , and laminated material. I have accrued over 3 different holders for my graphtec, so I make use out of them!

Jay