• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Perforated labels

Goatshaver

I do small quantity labels for jars and such. Some people request perforated labels that can be torn when the jar opens. I did some with my normal vinyl (3.4mil) and overlam (3mil) and it's rather thick, but I feel like the vinyl itself is a bit thin.

Any recommendations on materials or techniques for doing this?

Thanks!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I don't know if I've ever seen a perforated label or why you would want that? So it's cutting your design in half? Why not do a proper label and get the heat seal/shrink plastic for the perforated seal? Or am I missing something?

Goatshaver

I don't know if I've ever seen a perforated label or why you would want that? So it's cutting your design in half? Why not do a proper label and get the heat seal/shrink plastic for the perforated seal? Or am I missing something?

It's for a safety seal kind of thing and the design is setup for the perforated part. Only doing it because it's really low quantity stuff like 300 or so per run.

Pippip

I would have thought overlam is overkill to begin with? Are you cutting them on a vinyl cutter? could you create a perforation into the cut?

I'd be using an adhesive paper like Sihl 3685

Last edited:

Goatshaver

I would have thought overlam is overkill to begin with? Are you cutting them on a vinyl cutter? could you create a perforation into the cut?

I'd be using an adhesive paper like Sihl 3685
It's just too thin without the overlam and people like the feel of it. So it's their choice and 99% go with lam. I do cut them on my Summa cutter. I put the perforations in a a flex cut except I set the full pressure to 0 so it doesn't cut through the backer and just the vinyl.

I'll definitely look into the paper though!