• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated window graphic removal

3Dsigns

Mine has been on for too long and is cracked all over like a dry lake bed. Would rapid remover be best or something else? Thanks

Attachments

• image000000 - 2021-09-27T142911.007.jpg
    image000000 - 2021-09-27T142911.007.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 261

SignosaurusRex

its on glass correct?

Get a wide scraper and make sure you have a new blade.
would be done in 15 mins

. . . not so fast there Charger. Razor Blades are fine and dandy, but you better use some "wetting" fluid in order to assist in the slide of the blade and help keep from scratching or scarring the glass. Water with a little soap in it is optimal. Yes, Razor Blades can badly scar glass. Those "wide Blade" scrapers are more apt to cause damage to the glass than the smaller blades. New "Fresh" blades are an absolute MUST! I have witnessed someone using those wide blades and they actually gauged the glass. Slow down and do it right. "Rushing" a removal on glass can result in damage to the glass.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
If you're worried about scratching the glass, clean the window first, keep the surface wet and round off the corners of your blade a hair.

SignosaurusRex

If you're worried about scratching the glass, clean the window first, keep the surface wet and round off the corners of your blade a hair.

"Rounding off" the corners of the blades is good . . .if properly done. If not properly done, the result can be disastrous in the end.
I prefer to pull a fresh blade on every job and discard the blade when finished. This way, one always inserts a new blade on the next job.
Flat, Even, Angled Sliding strokes with consistent pressure and lots of surface wetting (slick water) . . . and not trying to remove too much on each stroke, always works well.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Flat, Even, Angled Sliding strokes with consistent pressure and lots of surface wetting (slick water) . . . and not trying to remove too much on each stroke, always works well.
That method has worked well for me for many years. I've perfected the motion so I can finish the job now usually in under a few minutes. Just make sure the client isn't around to watch.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The best scraper for this is a Triumph Scraper. Scrape the edges with a normal razor blade scraper. When you use the 6" Triumph, go top-down and pull slightly on the vinyl like you are trying to remove it as you scrape. 99 times out of 100 your blade will ride in the center of the adhesive with little chance of scratching the glass. To remove the adhesive, spray the window with adhesive remover, let sit for a few minutes (if it's hot you may need to respray). After the adhesive remover does its job scrape it off with the Triumph. A glass guy taught me to only scrape in one direction. If you keep the blade against the glass as you pull it back the dirt and grit will scratch the window. For some strange scientific reason, there are 2 sides to glass. A hard side and a soft side. I too will round the corners of the blades from time to time to keep from scratching the soft side of the glass. On a large job, I like to bring window cleaning tools to clean up and often a pump-up sprayer. It will pay for itself compared to a spray bottle and rags.

Triumph Scraper - https://44tools.com/search.php?search_query=triumph&section=product