• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permacast Gold Metallic from Fellers

Typestries

Well, I DID like this material, had a nice even gloss and a good metallic color. The attached has been out since last September. No sprinkler on it. Started to look bad mid summer. We're replacing it now (on our dime). Consider yourself warned/notified! Sorry for the bad pic, you can see whats going on

Attachments

• permacastgold.jpg
    permacastgold.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 95

Monsterkidz

Yeah, can't really tell from the photo. I was actually going to order a few yards in silver today but just ended up getting some 651 silver.

S

scarface

Yeah i can't tell what's going on lol

From what i have seen, there isn't a "lasting" gold metallic really. I think most are 3 years and 3M has one that's 5 but is very expensive.

klemgraphics

Uh Oh... Just ordered 10yd of this stuff for a good customer of mine. Going on north facing windows of a commercial building of some sort. Talked to my rep and this is what he recommended, told me it has the best outdoor durability. I was skeptical but he assured me that this was the best product for me and they would stand behind it. I also thought it was a cast vinyl, kind of confusing when it is called permacast but it isn't really cast. I mean 9 year durability as they claim from a calendared vinyl? And if it is General Formulations like I have read elsewhere they say only 7 years. Just really think this may come back to bite me.

Thinking about calling the rep and telling him to shove the permacast and go with the 3m 180c.

Anyone else have experience with it?