• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permanent Carpet Vinyl(?)

jfiscus

Rap Master
Is there any type of printed material that can be applied onto carpet as a "permanent" solution?
Something that might last a while (years, lol) with high traffic?

Carpet is already down in this space, or I thought maybe it could be printed itself?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Is there any type of printed material that can be applied onto carpet as a "permanent" solution?
Something that might last a while (years, lol) with high traffic?

Carpet is already down in this space, or I thought maybe it could be printed itself?
Any kind of vinyl, even the ones specifically for carpet, are not going to hold up for very long. What about G Floor mats?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Other than screen printing it or hand painting it, I've never heard of vinyl adhering to and staying on carpet for much more than a day, unless there's absolutely no foot traffic.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I was almost thinking of something like a gigantic heat pressed vinyl piece, but no idea on anything "real".

rjssigns

Find a shop that does carved carpet and have them make an inlay. Friend of mine used to do it years ago. Logos, family crests, whatever you wanted. He would do the inlays them hand bevel/trim. Had quite the business.

Or....find a shop that does the composite boat mat(?). Not sure what it's called exactly(dang old brain) I've supplied files so the company could waterjet the different colors and assemble.
Stuff is made to last outside in all conditions.